Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SFIV count down thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Whens it out on the PC?

The Hi-def trailer is incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Yes but I'm holding out for the PC version.
    I actually god my hands on one of the new D-pad improved 360 controllers. Although it is a definite improvement, it is still difficul to use for street fighter. It's a little too stiff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Azza wrote: »
    Well I'm goning PS3 then PC. Be fantastic if the PC players could play against the Xbox crowd. That way I have access to the full community.

Having said the PC version would probably have to use Games for Windows Live which I'm pretty meh about.

But for the moment looks like I'll be seeking you out Cunny since your only one I know playing on a PS3.
    Ahem!
    Ps3 here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Creature wrote: »
    I'm either gonna wait for the PC release in agony while everyone else plays it. Or buy a console and play it but using a crappy pad. I have a great arcade stick but it's for PS2 and apparently none of those usb adapters work for with consoles.
    Actually, PS2 adapters exist for PS3 (cheaply) and 360 (iirc it's expensive tho).

Do you have a model name/pic of the stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Actually, PS2 adapters exist for PS3 (cheaply) and 360 (iirc it's expensive tho).

Do you have a model name/pic of the stick?

It's a standard PS2 HRAP. No model number on it and the box is long gone, but it's exactly the same looking as this one if that helps. It'd be awsome if you know of a suitable adapter.

Edit-
    I know that there are adapters available but was under the impression that it's down to the PS3 recognising the particular controller, which unfortunately it rarely seems to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's 35 sterling for the fightpad. To be honest you'll need a new controller. The PS3 d-pad is horrendous for street fighter and the 360 d-pad is on another level of horrible. The fightpad will be more than enough for you unless you want to play to tournament standards of SFIV.
    You must have massive squishy thumbs, cause you are so wrong. I can pull off all moves that i want with a ps sad

Agreed. PS pad is as good as any. I've never had any problems.
    On another note, does anyone know of any shops that are getting the TE sticks in (for the PS3)

No, I'm serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    The review is up on EG now...
    10/10
    Just a little bit excited... I almost wish that I didn't have friends coming over next weekend now! (they're non gamer friends obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Awesome review, really good read. Pumped for this weekend now!

Do Play or Amazon UK deliver to Ireland? The game is quite cheap on there and nowhere in Ireland is selling the gamepads (that I know of).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i bought a stick off amazon last week, so yup they do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Just ordered the 360 version from Asda. Am curious to know how long it takes to arrive compared to play.com's leisurely delivery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You must have massive squishy thumbs, cause you are so wrong. I can pull off all moves that i want with a ps sad

Consistently though? I can pull them off but quite often it will let me down on a dragon punch that registers as a fireball and that can be the difference between winning and losing especially considering how important the dragon punch is.

the controls have been tweaked a little to allow for pads that are ****e for fighters lads, dont worry

the dragon punch can be pulled off with ease using either the dpad or the stick

if the game has an idea what youre at, the move works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can pull them off but quite often it will let me down on a dragon punch that registers as a fireball and that can be the difference between winning and losing especially considering how important the dragon punch is.

Totally agree, find the PS pad okish but the odd intended fragon punch turns out as a fireball, especially during an intense match.

The 360 pad is beyond muck, god I hate it.
    it;s not just that the dpad is stiff and unresponsive, the main issue is that given a reasonable amount of use the dpad simply stops registering certain directions rendering it useless. (I can't use the analogue sticks for 2D fighting games.

Through playing SFII on arcade and 3rd strike on my 360 I've gone through 5 xbox controllers.

Have 2 fightpads ordered so hopefully they are more durable!
    Helix wrote: »
    the controls have been tweaked a little to allow for pads that are ****e for fighters lads, dont worry
    the dragon punch can be pulled off with ease using either the dpad or the stick
    if the game has an idea what youre at, the move works

Hmmm, dunno how happy I am with that. Can see why they've made it easier but fear it might mean that matches are filled with people spamming fireballs and dragon punches. - What's your experience Helix?

A-Trak wrote: »
    Hmmm, dunno how happy I am with that. Can see why they've made it easier but fear it might mean that matches are filled with people spamming fireballs and dragon punches. - What's your experience Helix?

thought the very same thing before i played it, but it improves the game 10 fold

hard to explain really til you play it tho

ive only come across one player who acted the bollix with fireballs, and he wouldve done the same thing if it was the same controls as in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Have it on pre order for the PS3 plus a Hori Fighting stick, looking forward to getting it too... the attached review gives it 10/10... perfect!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's no doubt that the 360 d-pad is beyond muck. I've even had trouble with it registering the hotkeys in Fallout 3 if they were diagonals. The PS pad is a big improvement but the way I play it's useless. I'm a big Dragon Punch and fireball spammer. I lay down a stream of them and wait for the opponent to make a mistake or get impatient and punish them with a dragon punch or combo. If I can't rely on special moves 100% then it breaks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

A-Trak wrote: »

Well you said you played 3s. I'd assume it'll be like that. 3rd strike is far more forgiving than super turbo for registering moves. HD remix is a little more forgiving than ST but not as good as 3s. As a 3rd striker , whos been playing HD remix for the past week, there are times where'd I'd enter a simple combo like low medium kick -> hard SRK the very same way I would in 3s and but yet the srk would wiff. This is only sometimes though, but it'd piss me off.

Its understandable though as such a combo in ST/Hd remix can totally put the match in your favor , taking almost half health and sometimes putting them in a dizzy.

Compared to 3s where its just bread and butter stuff.

Although its risky too, if they block low your left wide open, funny thing is though in hd remix even if this happens. 70% of the time I tend to land right behind the opponent anyway, and throw him lol.

Looking at SFIV and mainly ken players on that (from footage) it was seem the dash canceling will result in this being much lower risk. As ken could srk someone, but then cancel the animation leaving him still standing on the ground, while they take the full brunt of an h.srk ...flying though the air on fire.

So I dunno...I can kinda picture it then being a rare sight to actually see ken go in the air from an SRK since the logical thing to do would be to dash cancel it everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

Play have the SF4 sticks in stock if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyword where the SFIV joypads can be bought in a shop here?

I understand that Gamestop (Henry Street) are getting some of the sticks (probably pads as well)

brendor wrote: »
    Play have the SF4 sticks in stock if anyone is interested.

they wont ship them here will they?

There is a problem with your chosen delivery address.
    Please review this page before continuing.
    Why do I need to review the delivery address?

* Items priced in pounds can only be delivered to UK addresses.
    * Items priced in euros can only be delivered to European addresses outside the UK.
    * Electronic or gadget items can only be delivered to UK addresses.
    * Electronic or gadget items valued at £50 or over must be delivered to your credit/debit card billing address, which must be in the UK.
    * Games items valued at £80 or over must be delivered to your credit/debit card billing address, which must be in the UK.
    * Mobile content can only be purchased if you have a UK credit/debit card billing address.

Choose a different delivery address.

I've read somewhere on this forum, that if you change the country to england, but put everything else in as your chosen address, there shouldn't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

Did you change the currency to euros? I ordered one and it went through no problem (although it hasn't shipped yet)

yeh i changed it to euros, they wont ship electrical goods to ireland apparently

strange that it worked for you tho

ill give it another go

strange

went through that time

hurrah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's in stock at play.com now so they should ship on Tuesday, €36.49

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Ordered this from sendit.com.

I heard the online suppliers might be shipping this early, anyone hear anything?

Advertisement