Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SFIV count down thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

hmm wheres the no option?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    EB games are charging NZ$140 for the standard edition and NZ$180 for the collectors edition.

Most new releases are NZ$110-120.

Bit over the top, but they did the same when GTA4 was released.

I'll prob wait and pick it up at a later stage.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Rabies wrote: »
    EB games are charging NZ$140 for the standard edition and NZ$180 for the collectors edition.

Most new releases are NZ$110-120.

Bit over the top, but they did the same when GTA4 was released.

I'll prob wait and pick it up at a later stage.

That's ghey, it's lower than normal over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yes but I'm holding out for the PC version.
    jayteecork wrote: »
    Ordered this from sendit.com.

I heard the online suppliers might be shipping this early, anyone hear anything?
    I ordered Skate 2 from them, it shipped on Wednesday Jan 21st and didn't arrive until Monday Feb 2nd, prepare for a long wait.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

ShaneU wrote: »
    I ordered Skate 2 from them, it shipped on Wednesday Jan 21st and didn't arrive until Monday Feb 2nd, prepare for a long wait.

Might cancel and order from play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Consistently though? I can pull them off but quite often it will let me down on a dragon punch that registers as a fireball and that can be the difference between winning and losing especially considering how important the dragon punch is.

Being totally honest, I can not remember that happening too often.
    Maybe once in a solid hour play, been playing with that pad since SF Alpha and had no issues.

The only PS pad that I have never been able to do anything with is the PSP pad

I guess next week will be the test huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Getting it for the PS3.

Like everyone else ive been thinking about all the great times i had when i was younger playing this on the megadrive. I got Super Street Fighter 2 and played the sh%t out of it then. Its scary thinking how much less value for money i get from my games now compared to back then when i would be lucky to get a new one every 6 months. So man back then there was no "to play" pile in the corner. More like a worn out carts pile:pac:.

I know already it won't hold up to all my great memories, theres no way it could but ill get it anyway.

Chumpski wrote: »
    Getting it for the PS3.

Like everyone else ive been thinking about all the great times i had when i was younger playing this on the megadrive. I got Super Street Fighter 2 and played the sh%t out of it then. Its scary thinking how much less value for money i get from my games now compared to back then when i would be lucky to get a new one every 6 months. So man back then there was no "to play" pile in the corner. More like a worn out carts pile:pac:.

I know already it won't hold up to all my great memories, theres no way it could but ill get it anyway.

We are completely spoiled today.

I have GTA4/Tomb Riader/Mirrors Edge sitting in the corner that I need to play or finish.

I remember saving for months to get SFII Special Championship Edition on the MD.
    Such fond memories

1000 posts, yay me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Got an email from play.com this morning saying "Your order for Street Fighter IV (4) has been posted." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So any news on a PC release date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

We are completely spoiled today.

I have GTA4/Tomb Riader/Mirrors Edge sitting in the corner that I need to play or finish.

I remember saving for months to get SFII Special Championship Edition on the MD.
    Such fond memories

1000 posts, yay me

Congrads!

I have a stack of PS2 games i must get around to and also Fallout 3 for the PS3 as well plus another stack of DS games. I'm not too bothered about the pile of DS games as i'm planning on doing a bit of travelling in the next few months and will play them all then i'm sure!

I actually appreciated games more then. Even if a game was half decent id finish it multiple times. Now i just have time for one play through at most or else i wouldn't get around to playing everything i want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Wasn't that interested but am coming around as I hear more and more great things.

Good review here from a surprisingly dependable source:

http://www.teletext.co.uk/gamecentral/features-reviews/eab5ca141d4a3cba50c93aa63b43f9b8/Street+Fighter+IV+(PS3).aspx

I think its only about the 4th time they have given a 10/10.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

cormie wrote: »
    So any news on a PC release date?

Last we heard was late June.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

And just got a dispatch notice from Gamesnash, I got a giddy little feeling that I haven't gotten about video games in a long, long time.

Samurai wrote: »
    hmm wheres the no option?

Because anyone who is not getting it is stupid and deserves pity, not a vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Chumpski wrote: »

You might be surprised. I always loved SF as a kid. Played it a lot on the mega drive and the snes. But I never really played it. The during the ps1 days apon renting out SF Alpha 3 I got into it again and really enjoyed it, I always felt that I was 'good' at the game cause I could now do fireballs and Srk's till the cows came home as thats as deep gameplay wise I thought the game went. But all I had to play against was the computer, or the same 3 friends who only very casually played it. So once again, I never really 'played' the game.

I played alpha 3 on and off again for a bit of fun over the years to come. I always wished there was online play. I'm big into my online gaming, facing a new human opponent every game etc etc.

It was only till about a year and a half ago they I realised there WAS a way to play alpha 3 online. On my pc through an emulator. I was hyped as hell to play it but I never bothered when I got the thing going, because I also found I could play Street fighter 3 3rd strike online too. & I was blown away.

It was only when I started playing online however, fighting against people who knew how to play the game, who really knew, that I realised, all those years of playing Street Fighter, I had never really played it. I had only tipped on the ice berg. I had only visited the 1st few stories of a skyscraper.

With in a few days of playing online I was doing things I didnt think were possible in SF, and having adrenalin pumping online matches with people, I had only experienced playing online RTS's, or clan matches in FPS's.

Its two minds locked into a battle of out thinking each other, and trying to trick each other, like in an RTS, but fast paced quick reactions like an FPS.

SFIV will have online play. You will get your ass kicked at 1st but you learn more and see more of what you can do in the game from 1 week of online play than you would from years of playing single player, or versus the same 3 friends who have only ever played single player either.

So really, since then I view SF in a much higher regard then I did when I had played it as a kid. I look back on those times and smile. Little did I know how deep the game I was playing really was.

John wrote: »
    And just got a dispatch notice from Gamesnash, I got a giddy little feeling that I haven't gotten about video games in a long, long time.

Me too m8, me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The launch has come out of nowhere for me and have done nothing to prepare for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I got an update email from Game Stop a few hours ago saying that its released today (as in Feb 18)! Is it on the shelves? Or is this a typo?

Official release day is still Friday 20th as far as we know. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fizman wrote: »
    I got an update email from Game Stop a few hours ago saying that its released today (as in Feb 18)! Is it on the shelves? Or is this a typo?

I just called the shop in Rathmines there and it seems to be an error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Hi,

When is the Release date for the PC version in ireland?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hi,

Thanks.
    PC version is months away, you'll know when you see it on your favourite torrenting site.

Hi,

Thanks.

At the moment its set for late June 2009 but nothing is confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    PC version is months away, you'll know when you see it on your favourite torrenting site.

Well in fairness, the game already got pirated to hell with the 360 version up on torrents before the game was even out anywhere.

So I don't think console gamers can be as smug to pc gaming with regards to piracy any more (not saying your smug. just every damn thread on any SF forum regarding a pc version of the game was always full of console people coming out with **** like "Oh there'll never be a PC version cause everyone will just pirate it on the PC and no one will buy it" or "Only reason capcom are delaying the PC version is to make money before its pirated to hell" luckily capcoms not as ignorant as those people)

No date is officially set for the PC yet, but a lot of retailers seem to be hinting june. We'll know more in the next few weeks once they've gotten the console version out of the door and fully updated with whatever patchs/extra content/dlc they're making for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Here's the email I got from GameStop, just in case yez think i'm bluffin. ;)
    It states Feb 18th twice though, unusual to get something like that wrong on two occasions. Dumbasses! :pac:
    The long wait is almost over. Street Fighter IV will be in stores February 18 for Xbox 360 and PS3. To get ready for the release, many of us around here have been practicing channeling our Qi and throwing energy balls at each other. After several hours of this, we discovered that we were all hungry. This can only mean one thing: one of us has the power to throw Qi hunger balls!

Display your power to the world by entering the Street Fighter IV Tournament for your chance to win a Street Fighter IV Arcade Unit. If you'd prefer to rely on destiny, enter the Street Fighter IV Sweepstakes for a shot at the unit. And don't forget the game! Order online now or visit your local GameStop February 18.

I haven't played a SF game, or any beat em up for that matter, in about a decade, but I reckon i'll pick this up. Another reason being that I just got €121.50 in cash vouchers in my letter box for Tescos, so SF4 and KZ2 will seem like they're free!! The remaining balance can be beer vouchers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Mine has shipped from gameplay. Can't fudging wait although I doubt I'll have it for Friday but I don't care :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fizman wrote: »
    Another reason being that I just got €121.50 in cash vouchers in my letter box for Tescos, so SF4 and KZ2 will seem like they're free!! The remaining balance can be beer vouchers. :)

Sounds like the makings of a great weekend right there!
    My copy shipped from play this morning, so I should have it by Friday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Mine shipped today from theHut.com. Hoping it will be here for Friday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm so lazy/ballsy, I'm just gonna walk around on Friday/Sat until any shop sells me a cheap copy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm so lazy/ballsy, I'm just gonna walk around on Friday/Sat until any shop sells me a cheap copy :pac:
    I might do this myself if my order doesn't arrive on Friday!

Advertisement