Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SFIV count down thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yes but I'm holding out for the PC version.
    Considering you ordered from play, I'd be very surprised if it did arrive on friday. Friday week is more likely, from my experience.

Anyways, I'm hoping to have mine tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Who are selling this the cheapest come Friday?

Like to be able to play it on the day, but I may hold out for a few days to get it cheaper from online.

On a side-note, this is the first home console game I'll be buying on release in a looong time. My thumbs are a little rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tman wrote: »
    My copy shipped from play this morning, so I should have it by Friday:)

LOL, no chance

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    Batesy wrote: »
    Mine shipped today from theHut.com. Hoping it will be here for Friday!!!
    yeah, mine went out today(or yesterday rather - Wed) from thehut's sister company sendit.

Really gonna put the time into SFIV - get all the way up the online rankings.

Or at least that's the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Anyone know if Tescos will have this on the shelves for 12AM (Or anywhere else open late?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

which version is better, ps3 or 360? Honest opinions so no fanboy rants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i would imagine theyre the exact same, its not exactly a graphically intensive game or cutting edge technology

ive only played the 360 version tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

which version is better, ps3 or 360? Honest opinions so no fanboy rants

which joypad would you rather play it on? i ask because in all reality this is the only main difference between the two.

i must concede that i think i'd prefer to use the d-pad of the playstation but i haven't got one so i'll endure the analog stick of the 360. i'm sure it's not as bad as some scaremongerers would have us believe. now i shall get back to waiting by the door for the postman to drop off my copy. . .

I meant bugs and technical issues. Seems the latest gen has more of these fix it later titles especially due to multi-format ports.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There should be almost no difference between considering its not too tough a game to run.

Content wise they are both absolutely identical. The Xbox 360 supports achievements and the PS3 supports trophies.

Graphics wise the Xbox 360 apparantly edges it.

The game runs at 60fps on both machine smooth as silk. They both run at 720p but the Xbox 360 version supports 2x anti-alaising meaning it has a slightly smoother picture (less jaggies)

The intro scenes for characters on the PS3 have been reduced in resolution to 1280x630 as opposed to 1280x720 and then scaled up. Again this is a marginal difference and you be hard pressed to tell the difference. You would have to examine both up close beside each other to tell the difference.
    But graphicaly once again the Xbox has a slight edge.

However controller wise the default Xbox 360 controller is considered terrible for this type of game while the PS3 controller is considered better but still not really that good for it. An arcade stick or joypad designed with fighting games in mind is recommended for both platforms.

As for online play, I have not heard how either machine performs online yet.

• Advertisement

ah then i'll grab ps3 if i can find a copy. Are the shops saying their allocations are sold out already (is this generally bull?) or will i be able to walk into a retailer tomorrow and buy it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Do you know what I hate? Retailers that break the release date for games. I spit on them and I would encourage you to do the same.

Let us post such stores here so we can berate them for allowing people to play the game early.

Any person that uses such information posted to get themselves a copy early should be ashamed of themselves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I, too, support this move.

For future reference, you understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You've just got to love the satisfyingly heavy thwomp of a package hitting the floor after the postie pushes it through the letterbox, I knew straight away what it was:P
    Currently installing the bad boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Have my copy on the desk at work right now. Arrived this morning from Gamesnash. €42 including postage and arrives a day early. Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 justin.rattigan

I was looking at getting from Gamesnash. How long did delivery take?

They posted it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 justin.rattigan

Any chance you could send me on the link for the pad, I couldn't find it on their site.

Any chance you could send me on the link for the pad, I couldn't find it on their site.

Sorry I was talking about the game not the pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Was hoping my game would arrive today (kept seeing GLS vans everywhere), but alas it is not to be. I hope to christ it atleast arrives tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Well todays a good day for me :D I passed my exams and have been playing SFIV since 12pm :cool:

Jim I hope you do get it tomorrow but I'd be very very surprised m8 : (

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Lets start hearing all your 1st impressions lads!!!

(with the game AND the madcatz controllers)

Hoping mine arrives tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i gave it 5/5 in the new issue of click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

First impressions...I don't like Seth :mad:

I could write a big arse long post but I'm about to head out so maybe later.

Just to quickly say: Great game, can see myself playing this online for years.

Its a mix between 3s and ST, I'd say about 70% ST though. But its totally its own game as well. The pace is slower but it works. So far dashing doesnt seem to move me that much faster compared to what I'm used to in 3s. Its like they added it just to please the 3s crowd, but then totally and utterly nerfed it so as to not piss off the ST crowd.

Didnt think seth was as hard as people were saying he'd be, But I like him as a boss, pretty cool.

Online is smooth.

One thing I gotta say though is, while I'm glad I get to play it now, I'm looking forward to getting it on the PC when it comes out.

Graphics look like a PC game set on medium, medium textures and rez. I can see it looking much nicer on the PC.

So far my experience with the console online community is a little annoying.

9/10 people I've faced, quit or kick me after I beat them. Instead of just continuing to play on. I'm used to playing the same guy a large number of times in a row. Annoying having to find someone new after every match. Seems like only 1 in 3 games a joinable , with random "unable to join" coming up for most people I try to join.

Every single person I've played so far didnt bother their hole to ****ing INSTALL the game. Meaning really long loading times before matchs. Where as if they installed it, its loads almost straight away.

Just seems really rude to play online with out installing the game, making everyone else wait around much longer.

Everyones picking ryu and ken. I love playing as ryu and ken myself but I hate mirror matches. so I've been having fun with chunny and blanka and guile.

Havnt had a chance to try everyone yet.

Oh and the announcer seemed like he was turned off at 1st, but nope, thats only in arcade mode. He's back to his annoying talking during the match self during online play.

One last thing: Ultras. At this early stage my 1st impression is that its too easy to get Ultras, and theres 2 going off in every round almost. For something with such a big sequence, it kinda spoils it by having them go off all the time so easily.

But I guess I'll see how it goes when I get better and also when I face better people.

Anyway, more later, I gtg.

1 thing that really pisses me off is that the moves list is totally unreadable on a SD TV.
    Guess it's as good an excuse as any to buy a new tv ^_^

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get a decent Scart cable. People moaned about Dead Rising but when I got an RGB scart cable I didn't have much problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    It Just seems really rude to play online with out installing the game, making everyone else wait around much longer.

Youre joking right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Every single person I've played so far didnt bother their hole to ****ing INSTALL the game. Meaning really long loading times before matchs. Where as if they installed it, its loads almost straight away.

Just seems really rude to play online with out installing the game, making everyone else wait around much longer.

How is it rude not to install a game if you only have a 20gb hard drive??

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get a decent Scart cable. People moaned about Dead Rising but when I got an RGB scart cable I didn't have much problems.

Nah, its a fairly crappy tv that doesn't seem to support RGB scart, we have a digibox that uses a proper scart cable and that also has an equally ropey picture...
    Tis a small sitting room anyway, so a cheapish 32" would do the job nicely

Advertisement