Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SFIV count down thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yes but I'm holding out for the PC version.
    Argh, are you telling me everybody is using Tekken 5 tactics?
    I absolutely DETEST quitters/sore losers -- surely there's a better system available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    Corcs001 wrote: »
    How is it rude not to install a game if you only have a 20gb hard drive??

He is playing SFIV on Ps3 IIRC.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Got mine from gamesnash.com today as well. Great service.

Not use to playing with a pad but I'd be looking for a few games online.

Cunny whats your psn ID.

Mines Stavanger1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I absolutely DETEST quitters/sore losers -- surely there's a better system available?

Hopefully the netcode isn't as bad as T5DR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    He is playing SFIV on Ps3 IIRC.

There are some 20gb PS3s in the States I believe.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say it is rude I do think people should make an effort to get their online running as smoothly as possible. I mean you are just wasting time otherwise no? And there is enough wasted time playing games online when it comes to poor connections or the administration of getting game started etc.

• Advertisement

Quick review while I'm here.

Been playing for about 6 and half hours on the lowest difficulty in an attempt to unlock all the extra characters quickly.

Got them all except gaylord himself Seth but will have shortly.

Anyway the gameplay is great. Although took a while to get use to playing on a pad. I can play shoto's and charges character okay on the pad but can't (and never could play grapplers) but I'm having terrible difficults with supers and ultras.

Couple of minor annoyances. Firstly the main menu theme is terrible. Not overgone on the new music except the remix of the old themes that pop up in the rival games.

The story is utter nonsense but its largely irrelevant for this type of game but still they could of done better.

And Seth is annoying. Seems really cheap so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A-Trak wrote: »
    Anyone know if Tescos will have this on the shelves for 12AM (Or anywhere else open late?)

€50 in tesco artane now (360)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

You beauty ShaneU!!!

*Throws beer back in fridge and jumps in car*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Right might have to make a trip to the 24 tesco after work - fingers crossed.

I tried to get MGS4 on release in the Athlone Tesco 24 hours. Asked the staff and they replied that the stock would not go on the shelve there till after 8.00am.

Although they said some 24 hour Tesco's (I think it was Tullamore) put the stock out at around 3.00am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Am surprised by this since I've only ever had 1 person leave a match against me in SF2HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Had the same problem with people playing one match and ****ing off. I could understand if I was winning but they'd come in, whoop my ass and leave. Not even a card. *sniff*

It's bloody good though, more difficult than I was expecting. It's taking me a while to get used to the game (and using a D-Pad) again. Got a blister on my thumb from shoryukening the hell out of the opponents :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Played for about 2 hours tonight. My only problem with it (and I think it's just me) is that they are using the 2 buttons for a throw approach. Light kick and punch. I'm too used to being able to use any 1 of strong\medium kick and punch for a throw. Had the same problem with sfIII.

Plus I didn't know :
    Guile is Ken's brother in law. Unless that's just a joke they have in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Plus I didn't know :
    Guile is Ken's brother in law. Unless that's just a joke they have in there?

No that's for real
    Guile's relationship with Ken as brothers-in-law (with their respective wives being sisters) is mentioned for the first time in the games in Ken's ending in the Japanese version of the original EX2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Fair play to ShaneU.

Picked it up in Tesco Artane - well worth the drive out.

Good god my thumb - please god make my fightpad arrive in the morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Xtravision Limerick (Parkway) are selling the collectors edition for Xbox360 and PS3 for 69.99!!!

Go to xtravision.ie to get you local stores number.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 captainfuture

Got my copy last night from pre-order... cool game from what I can tell so far, neat graphics. No way though I'm gonna be able to play it without a proper arcade stick or something similar... the d-pad just sucks for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Just got it in Xtra Vision on Baggot Street for €39.99.

Now I have to stare at it for four hours till work's over!

Nooooooooooooooooo

quad_red wrote: »

Nooooooooooooooooo
    Fortunatly we have Xbox's in work so I've gotten to play it a couple of times already.

nyomnyomnyom

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ok, ignore my previous post. EB games are charging NZ$199 for CE SF4

SCREW THAT!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Nooooooooooooooooo

Just got the last copy there :) Now I have to wait 50 mins till I can go home :(

Rabies wrote: »
    Ok, ignore my previous post. EB games are charging NZ$199 for CE SF4

SCREW THAT!!!!
    Thats like....€85 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Tusky wrote: »
    Youre joking right ?

Deadly serious.
    Corcs001 wrote: »
    How is it rude not to install a game if you only have a 20gb hard drive??

I'm talking about the ps3 here man, the ps3 version of the game has really long load times if you don't install it. Its only 2gb anyways.

I dunno what it is, I'm not even playing ranked. I think stats just do ****ed up things to people :(

Anyways, having 'challenge while playing arcade mode' turned on helps, so at least I can be playiing the game, instead of messing around looking for a game for ages. And if the guy quits then or kicks me. I can continue on in arcade mode.
    Azza wrote: »
    Got mine from gamesnash.com today as well. Great service.

Not use to playing with a pad but I'd be looking for a few games online.

Cunny whats your psn ID.

Mines Stavanger1.

I've two, but I'm mainly using Sisko-ire at the moment. My other is Irish-Ken
    noodler wrote: »

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say it is rude I do think people should make an effort to get their online running as smoothly as possible. I mean you are just wasting time otherwise no? And there is enough wasted time playing games online when it comes to poor connections or the administration of getting game started etc.

Getting a game with someone is annoying enough, having one person load fast and the other load really slow after a match seems to cause disconnects also.

Finally played someone who bothered to install the game, and everything was much smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Mine arrived today from Play.com

Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Jim wrote: »
    Thats like....€85 maybe?

www.xe.com are saying E79.82 right now.

DOn't know what rate the banks are giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

mathie wrote: »
    Mine arrived today from Play.com

Woot!

When was it posted? No sign of mine :(

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Might be that he is in the UK. It's rarer than a sighting of a Dodo for play.com to get a pre order to Ireland on release day. Of course at this point a flood of posters will correct me :D

Might be that he is in the UK. It's rarer than a sighting of a Dodo for play.com to get a pre order to Ireland on release day. Of course at this point a flood of posters will correct me :D

Will you guys will be getting any of the madcatz fightpads? (specifically the 360 one)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Will you guys will be getting any of the madcatz fightpads? (specifically the 360 one)

We were asked by a few customers to try and source them but we were not met with welcome arms by the European distributors for madcatz. :(

Not looking very likely at this stage tbh.

• Advertisement

We were asked by a few customers to try and source them but we were not met with welcome arms by the European distributors for madcatz. :(

Not looking very likely at this stage tbh.

What tools! Anyway, cheers! :)

Advertisement