Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SFIV count down thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    It's quite bizarre really. Surely with such high demand and having the licence for one of the most anticipated games in years, they would have done their utmost to get as many joypads and arcade sticks to market and continue to manufacture them. Instead they release a trickly - not nearly enough to satisfy demand - and then say 'that's it, no more'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

It's quite bizarre really. Surely with such high demand and having the licence for one of the most anticipated games in years, they would have done their utmost to get as many joypads and arcade sticks to market and continue to manufacture them. Instead they release a trickly - not nearly enough to satisfy demand - and then say 'that's it, no more'.

they haven't said that's it tho have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Yes but I'm holding out for the PC version.
    mathie wrote: »
    Mine arrived today from Play.com

Woot!
    whitetrash wrote: »
    When was it posted? No sign of mine :(
    Grrr... mine was posted on wednesday morning and still no sign. Have to wait til monday now :mad:

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

ntlbell wrote: »
    they haven't said that's it tho have they?

Not directly but there are none available on the wholesale market at all. We have hit brick walls everywhere we went - nobody is expecting any more stock other than what they originally had.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Exactly, everywhere I’ve been, I’ve been told that they’re not expecting anymore stock in at all – ever. Even http://store.gameshark.net, which is the official Mad Catz European site, stopped taking orders a long time ago and don’t show any sign of starting up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'd love to know the logic behind it all makes no sense.

maybe they're trying to work up a bit of hysteria and will be flooded the market in a month or two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Cheapest place to buy it in Dublin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Holsten wrote: »
    Cheapest place to buy it in Dublin now?
    €40 in xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's less than €50 in Game. €44.90, standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Little tip for people whos game hasn't arrived yet. Rent it from xtravision. €7.50 for 3 nights. Thats what I did cos I needed to play this game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got it for 44.90 in Game - LIffey Valley today :D -- 360 version

M.BISON IS HACKING !!! Hes doin my head in !!! Ultra Combo kill at near the end of every round !!! God i need some tea to calm down !

I know there have een reports of Wii remotes goin through tellys, mine could be the first 360 joypad though one !

So, killed him, had another 2 fights still to go.
    The end boss is just ridiculous !!...makes the game too comicy.

Anyways, you unlock the voice settings for characters once you complete the game.
    Also.....is the title music annoyin the hell outta anyone...sounds like N-Sync or some terrible american boyband ...drivin me nuts.
    Also, wouldnt have a good word to say for the announcer, PRAT !

Asides from that its an excellent game :D ...got a bit annoyin when i turned on Arcade challenge and was gettin challenged left right and centre while tryin to complete the game :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I completely hate myself for pre-ordering this online to save mone - I never ever do it such stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Am I the only one who actually really likes the theme song? I mean, I'm not going to buy it on iTunes or anything, but I think it goes well with the game.

Give it a week, you'll hate it. Itll be one of those songs someone will catch you singin on a bus and will look at you strange :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

After three hours of playing... thoughts.

The music and the cut scenes are absolutely appalling. I mean, beyond bad. Poorly animated, poorly visualised and abysmally acted.

The final boss is a total joke. Badly characterised buffoon. And the way he defaults into teleport is enormously irritating... although that could be cos he's creaming me :)

My hands are killing me from messing with the 360 d pad.

Saying that, the level design, special move effects and character models are astounding. Enjoying it so far.

Played a few fights online.

90% of fights are Ken - vrs - Ken

This game is driving me nuts! I can't beat Seth. He just tears me to pieces after the first round.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'd have preferred if they kept Bison as the end boss, or even Gouken or Akuma

This game is driving me nuts! I can't beat Seth. He just tears me to pieces after the first round.:mad:

I found him to be easy compared to Bison or that Fat bouncy fella

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

protip for anyone finding seth infuriating:

There are 2 difficulty levels below easy. Very easy, and easiest. Avoid frustration and use those. Seth didnt beat me once all night, even with characters im bad at like chun li. Its not worth the hassle dying over and over to him.

On the whole, im loving this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Far as I know Seth's AI is the same no matter what difficulty you're on. Like all crappy fighting game AI, though, he's ridiculously vulnerable to sweeps. Set it to one round, 30 seconds, get him down to around half health, and play keepaway until the timer runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Branoic wrote:
    Am I the only one who actually really likes the theme song? I mean, I'm not going to buy it on iTunes or anything, but I think it goes well with the game.
    It's ATROCIOUS -- 3rd Strike & HD Remix have superior music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i absolutely love the theme song

LOVE IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I actually really like the theme song as well... Then the character select music kicks in... <3

Seth can be a serious pain in the hole, it can be worth keeping it to 1 round fights to avoid that annoying second round (I always cream him first round then he actually puts up a fight in the second)
    He seems fairly open to jumping heavy kicks followed by heavy sweeps for most characters.

Not too fond of any of the new characters apart from C.Viper, and some of the ulockable ones aren't all that great... I guess they'll all take a while to master for a Ken/Ryu player such as myself...

• Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    Im using Sagat, his punchs are so strong and hes fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

tman wrote: »
    Not too fond of any of the new characters apart from C.Viper, and some of the ulockable ones aren't all that great... I guess they'll all take a while to master for a Ken/Ryu player such as myself...

Out of the new characters I like C.Viper (although I can't play her) and El Fuerte is AMAZING fun even if he is a bit on the weak side.

If you're used to Ken/Ryu then try Sakura, she's similar style but is quick and feels fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I only played this for a couple of minutes. My first thoughts are - why on earth didnt someone on the development team stand up and say "ehhh, this music is ****" ? ITS AWFUL. I had to lower the volume down immediately. Almost as bad as Pro Evo music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Tusky wrote: »
    I only played this for a couple of minutes. My first thoughts are - why on earth didnt someone on the development team stand up and say "ehhh, this music is ****" ? ITS AWFUL. I had to lower the volume down immediately. Almost as bad as Pro Evo music.

Get tae ****, the music is AMAZE.

INNNN DE STUCTIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

0ubliette wrote: »
    Get tae ****, the music is AMAZE.

INNNN DE STUCTIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

Advertisement