Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SFIV count down thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yes but I'm holding out for the PC version.
    Yeah Seth is a dope in the first round but after that he goes ape-s*** in the second round and then calms down abit in the third.

What I did to unlock all the character was play the game on easist with one round to get them unlocked as quick as possible.

So I get to Seth and with my first few character and I beat him easy. But every so often he becomes insanely tough and beats me around the place. Once with Vega I could not beat him in 15+ attempts on easist and thats only 1 round. Played him again the next day and he was back to being useless. But every so often he is randomly really hard.

Then yesterday I picked rose and played him on the hardest setting and beat him on my second attempt....just weird.

Anyway I will add you to my friends list Fizman. I'll keep an eye out for you online.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    I actually had an easy time with Seth using Sakura. I beat him first time with out much trouble. Maybe it was a fluke.

Me too, oddly enough. Especially since i spent the rest of the weekend getting my ass kicked by the f*****.

I hate him. Haven't been this frustrated by a game in ages and ages.

Brilliant all the same, though, b*llocks intro music and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

To all the people saying this:
    I've NEVER had to put an SF game on to its easiest setting before. NEVER! And I've being playing it since '92.

You must not have played Super Turbo. The AI in that game is still the cheapest most hardest there was. I'm not talking about HDR either. Also I think seth is a better boss than Gill from SF3.
    TheWitch06 wrote: »

With Viper, he eats jab Thunder Knuckle, so link that from cr. mk or mp and repeat the jab version as it has armor break properties.

Yeah I found I would always perfect Seth in the 1st round with viper by literally just spamming jab thunder knuckle > medium > jab over and over. He'd get dizzy and I'd just keep doing it. Still took me ages to beat him though despite being able to perfect him in the 1st round with this. As it was hard to find the opening to get the thunder knuckle in.

Indeed how hard seth is for me depends on who I play as. Ryu ken blanka etc he was easy enough, and they were the 1st I played with, but then I was aaaaaaaaaaaages with chunny abel etc. With Bison I beat him on my 1st try. & I'm not that good with bison.
    tman wrote: »
    I actually had the hardest time beating Seth when playing as Sakura, which was pretty damn annoying as she was the last character I had to complete the game as before I would be able to unlock Akuma...

Eh m8, I've yet to beat it with Sakura and I've got akuma.

To unlock akuma you must beat the game as anyone 'after' unlocking all the others (Not including seth and gouken)

You must beat with having had 1 perfect game, and no continues. Then you'll face akuma and you must beat him also.

This would be piss easy if not for seth of course. How I did it was, slapped the game on ultra easy, set it to 1 round and 30 seconds. When I got to seth I just made sure I had more health then him for when the time ran out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Yeah I found I would always perfect Seth in the 1st round with viper by literally just spamming jab thunder knuckle > medium > jab over and over. He'd get dizzy and I'd just keep doing it. Still took me ages to beat him though despite being able to perfect him in the 1st round with this. As it was hard to find the opening to get the thunder knuckle in.

Indeed how hard seth is for me depends on who I play as. Ryu ken blanka etc he was easy enough, and they were the 1st I played with, but then I was aaaaaaaaaaaages with chunny abel etc. With Bison I beat him on my 1st try. & I'm not that good with bison.

Problem with Viper is how much damage she takes, it's a good thing Seth's ultra isn't that powerful, if it done as much damage as Viper's ultra without scaling, she'd be near dead.

You should try beating the game with all chars on Medium difficulty. It's such a pain. The chars I had major difficulty against Seth were Dhalsim, El Fuerte and Rufus, well, not so much Rufus, he has good tools. With Dhalsim, I'd block his standing HP and do Dhalsim's HP then... repeat. Throw some fireballs, slide under his projectiles and use his ultra. His air HP is good too. El Fuerte just dies all the time though, I must have gotten so lucky. Didn't have a clue what to do. I used his AA srk+K [the air grab] and his ultra, that's all I could do. Seth is so f'ing difficult on the harder settings.

Seths difficulty is the same on all settings from what I've seen. I only play on ultra easy 1 round thing for unlocking akuma due to the not being able to continue limitation. If seth beats me I'd have to start all over again otherwise no akuma for me.

But yeah as far as I know you must beat the game with everyone to unlock Seth. Which I don't see myself doing for a while as I mainly play online.

This game is just so damn good, theres not enough hours in the day...(or night :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Getting into the game more now, just unlocked Akuma.

Seems very button Masher at the minute though.

God damn this thing called sleep and college, I wanna play SF all day! Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Azza wrote: »
    So I get to Seth and with my first few character and I beat him easy. But every so often he becomes insanely tough and beats me around the place. Once with Vega I could not beat him in 15+ attempts on easist and thats only 1 round. Played him again the next day and he was back to being useless. But every so often he is randomly really hard.
    I can verify this. Beat him without too much difficulty (the odd continue) with ryu, viper and sagat... come ken and I'm on at least 15 continues and no luck. He's being ridiculous! I might just try again (with ken) tomorrow if this is the case, take a breather.
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I hate him. Haven't been this frustrated by a game in ages and ages.
    God I hear that, had to come into my room to calm down. Nearly milled the bloody controller into my flatmate's plasma screen. Does anyone know how to block that feckin pile-driver move he does? You know when he chucks you in the air, teleports up there grabs you and drives you headfirst into the ground. Pisses me off so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Getting into the game more now, just unlocked Akuma.

Seems very button Masher at the minute though.

God damn this thing called sleep and college, I wanna play SF all day! Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    God I hear that, had to come into my room to calm down. Nearly milled the bloody controller into my flatmate's plasma screen. Does anyone know how to block that feckin pile-driver move he does? You know when he chucks you in the air, teleports up there grabs you and drives you headfirst into the ground. Pisses me off so much...

You can't block command throws or tech them. You have to do a reversal, with Ken for example, his reversal would be his Shoryu, very hard to read when he is going for his air pile driver though.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Eh m8, I've yet to beat it with Sakura and I've got akuma.

To unlock akuma you must beat the game as anyone 'after' unlocking all the others (Not including seth and gouken)

You must beat with having had 1 perfect game, and no continues. Then you'll face akuma and you must beat him also.

This would be piss easy if not for seth of course. How I did it was, slapped the game on ultra easy, set it to 1 round and 30 seconds. When I got to seth I just made sure I had more health then him for when the time ran out.

Actually you do need to beat it with Sakura, you need to have everyone else unlocked (except Gouken and Seth obviously) in order to unlock Akuma. You need to beat the game with Sakura in order to unlock Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in my rush to get my SF4 fix today i just kept pressing X to get into the action, so i get to seth on medium, "A new challenger has entered the ring!" i was like wtf is this? seems like there's online battles randomly. everytime i'd come close to beating seth i'd get a "A new challenger has entered the ring!" bull****.

it should be able to be turned off by the pause menu. i've fixed it now but by christ it was a tad annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Just unlocked Aukma using Bison, that slide of his is the business for making quick work of the arcade mode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My friend just figured out how to get Akuma, the easy way.
    1. Beat Arcade mode with all necessary characters on Easiest, 1 round, 30s
    2. Set round time to 99s
    3. Pick Zangief
    4. Mix-up between PPP, KKK or 360+P
    That's it. The CPU just keeps walking right into Cyclones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

good method but i won't do that as i'll become what i hate lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    My friend just figured out how to get Akuma, the easy way.
    1. Beat Arcade mode with all necessary characters on Easiest, 1 round, 30s
    2. Set round time to 99s
    3. Pick Zangief
    4. Mix-up between PPP, KKK or 360+P
    That's it. The CPU just keeps walking right into Cyclones :D

for any achievement whores or people looking to beat the game on the hardest difficulty just do this. I went on hardest difficulty and kept usig zangiefs double lariet and I finished the game without continuing. so got the finish the game on hardest difficulty achievement in about 2 minutes. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Seths difficulty is the same on all settings from what I've seen.

I heard the ps3 version has a bug from the last patch where Seth doesn't scale to the difficulty level its set at. Might be this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

There is definitely different difficulty levels with seth on the ps3. I have tried 3 different ones.

mcgarnicle wrote: »
    Actually you do need to beat it with Sakura, you need to have everyone else unlocked (except Gouken and Seth obviously) in order to unlock Akuma. You need to beat the game with Sakura in order to unlock Dan.

*scratches head...

Your right I did beat it with Sakura, somehow I totally forgot I had.

Speaking of whom, I hate her character in terms of it her being a japanese pedo magnet. Sailor school girl gear with feckin panty shots all over the place.

Shes actually meant to be about 19/20 years old story wise by the time SFIV takes place.... yet in a japanese trailer for the game they featured a live actress playing Sakura and they got a 12 year old girl to play her....for **** sake. The yougnest she was ever meant to be in the alpha days was about 15/16...

Damn pedos lol

But I really enjoy playing as her. Shes a fun character to play as. Deffo gonna buy the costume pack that includes hers so at least she'll look like a fighter then.

I really wished they'd added ibuki though. She ****ing kicked ASS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

in my rush to get my SF4 fix today i just kept pressing X to get into the action, so i get to seth on medium, "A new challenger has entered the ring!" i was like wtf is this? seems like there's online battles randomly. everytime i'd come close to beating seth i'd get a "A new challenger has entered the ring!" bull****.

it should be able to be turned off by the pause menu. i've fixed it now but by christ it was a tad annoying.

Erm mate, it IS turned off by default, you have to turn it on. It should say REQ on or off on the main screen. Set it to off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I finally got an opportunity to play SF4 on my PS3 last night. It's great fun all right. So if I understand right, in order to unlock characters you have to play it through and beat Seth using different characters ? Any tips on beating him ? He's a bit of a wanker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i thought seth was easier on the ps3 tbh

just dont use special moves on him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

0ubliette wrote: »
    Erm mate, it IS turned off by default, you have to turn it on. It should say REQ on or off on the main screen. Set it to off.

I'm pretty sure it is ON by default. Mine was anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its turned off by default, but when you turn the game on for the first time a dialogue pops asking you id youd like to turn it on

from what ive seen, practically everyone hits yes lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Helix wrote: »
    from what ive seen, practically everyone hits yes lol

I hit yes as I had absolutely no idea about how annoying it was. I fail to see how anyone could have it turned on and be happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Probably people who want to recreate the arcade experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The game still hasn't arrived from play.com, it shipped on wednesday. I'm not ordering from them again, I'll pay the few euro extra and get games on launch day from now on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gonna get this when it comes down in price,might rent it tonight actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I really wished they'd added ibuki though. She ****ing kicked ASS.
    Makoto would be good.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    The game still hasn't arrived from play.com, it shipped on wednesday. I'm not ordering from them again
    Still waiting on Asda to deliver my 360 copy. They also sent me an Email apologising for the fact that the PC copy I preordered hasn't shipped yet, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Gonna get this when it comes down in price,might rent it tonight actually :)

When it comes down in price?!
    It's the cheapest new release game in years @ €39.99.

Well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Batesy wrote: »
    When it comes down in price?!
    It's the cheapest new release game in years @ €39.99.

Well worth it.

Where is it €39.99?

Advertisement