Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SFIV count down thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yes but I'm holding out for the PC version.
    Where is it €39.99?

xtra vision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Hell yes, getting it for the PS3
    Yep. xtravision.

Can't see many people trading this in either. It's quality and the online feature will give years of replay value.

Can't see any stores dropping the price below €39.99 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Still waitin on it from Play.com. Picked it up for 36 euro. the sooner it comes the better but i can hang on. Think the same delay will happen for killzone 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeh I bought it yesterday for 36 quid aswell. Its such good value I couldn't resist....picked up a madcats fightpad to go with it. Got an email saying the game was posted today......But the last item i ordered from play was sent to bulgaria by royal mail and took nearly 2 months to get here so I'm not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I preordered it. Got the email saying it was posted last wednesday but Im still waiting. Then I have to get it posted from home to my college address so Ill be lucky to get it before the weekend. *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeh I bought it yesterday for 36 quid aswell. Its such good value I couldn't resist....picked up a madcats fightpad to go with it. Got an email saying the game was posted today......But the last item i ordered from play was sent to bulgaria by royal mail and took nearly 2 months to get here so I'm not holding my breath.

fightpads on play are out of stock til june if you bought it there

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

how do you unlock akuma?

I have read you have to unlock everyone else (apart from seth and goeken), have at least one perfect (in a one round fight) and use no contines. I have done all of that, several times. Does it have to be on a certain difficulty or above?

how do you unlock akuma?

I have read you have to unlock everyone else (apart from seth and goeken), have at least one perfect (in a one round fight) and use no contines. I have done all of that, several times. Does it have to be on a certain difficulty or above?

Taken from Giant Bomb

To unlock Akuma as a playable character:
    You need to get at least one "perfect" win in a round, and more than one depending on how many rounds per match you are playing.

- 1 round match: 1 perfect round or more

- 3 round match: 2 perfect rounds or more

- 5 round match: 3 perfect rounds or more

- 7 round match: 4 perfect rounds or more

(including the last battle against Seth)

To unlock Gouken as a playable character:
    1. Complete Arcade Mode playing as Akuma and watch (not necessary to watch everything) an ending.

2. Then, unlock Gouken as an opponent, and defeat him.

Necessary conditions to unlock Gouken as an opponent:

- Play with any characters with which you watched the ending once (so play using a character you have already beaten the game with)

- Do not continue at all.

- Do not lose at all. Not even one round (easier if you only play 1-round matches)

- Achieve certain number (or more) of "Perfect" rounds. The number of Perfect Win you need to achieve are:

If you play on

- 1 round match: 1 time or more

- 3 round match: 2 times or more

- 5 round match: 3 times or more

- 7 round match: 4 times or more

- Achieve certain number (or more) of Super Combo -OR- Ultra Combo Finishes. Super and Ultra finishes both count toward this number. The number of perfect win you need to achieve are:

If you play on

- 1 round match: 3 times or more

- 3 round match: 5 times or more

- 5 round match: 7 times or more

- 7 round match: 9 times or more

- Achieve certain number (or more) of First Attack (this means you must score the first strike in a match--the screen gives you the "First Attack" message, and you can mostly do this without even noticing):

The number of First Attack you need to achieve are:

If you play on

- 1 round match: 5 time or more

- 3 round match: 10 times or more

- 5 round match: 15 times or more

- 7 round match: 20 times or more

- Then Gouken will appear. Kick his butt to unlock him!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hang on, so then you need to win EVERY round with perfects??? Damn, never gonna get that so. screw it.

Hang on, so then you need to win EVERY round with perfects??? Damn, never gonna get that so. screw it.

I'm not sure, it's not very clear to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

To unlock Gouken, all other characters have to be unlocked, you need to have beaten the game with all of them also. Then replay Arcade mode with a character you have already beaten the game with.

Put the settings on Easiest, 1 Round. Now, you need at least 1 perfect and 3 ultra finishes, no continues. Don't get anymore perfects/ultras than what I've stated here, just kill them normally after you've done this. After you beat Seth, Gouken will appear, beat him without losing and he will be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Helix wrote: »
    fightpads on play are out of stock til june if you bought it there

Yeh I know, it's pretty much sold out everywhere. I got it off ebay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is bull****, Stupid local xtravision is completely sold out of the 360 version :( I can't get it anywhere else because I'm so busy. I hate my life.

Anyway, playasia have the pads down as being back in stock in march although I'd say it's pure speculation on their part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I hate to piss on anyones chips whos waiting on a fightpad, i got mine today and lets jsut say im not overly impressed. The dpad is very floaty and misreads diagonally up left & up right commands as 'jump straight up like a div and get dragon punched'.
    My hori stick was back in business after about 10 mins.

Also this game is tuning into Ken Fighter 4 online. Player maches are the best as people seem more willign to use characters who arent ken.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I could no longer handle the PS3 pad so I went down to Gamestop and picked up a Hori Fighting Stick 3 to tide me over till the proper stick arrives next month.

And what is up with all the Ken players. Did someone start a rumor going that he was the best character. About 60-70% of ranked fights are Ken.

In fact I'd say the 5 most picked character are

1. Ken
    2. Ryu
    3. Akuma
    4. Sagat
    5. Dan

Notice anything about that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lol shotos. I'd love to get on there and wreck heads with Gief or Balrog. How do you find the stick Azza, and how much was it?

€45 for the stick.

Not sure on it yet. I can pull off charge character ultras easier but I'm find it harder to pull off other characters ultra's.

First thing I did when I got it was go to the challenge scenarios and found pulling of cancel moves far easier.

Still its suprisingly hard to pull off a very simply combo's like for Bison with c.lk x3 cancelled into siccors kick. The cancel siccors kick part is not hard its getting the 3 c.lk to combo!

Some of the linked combos are extremly difficult too. I'll keep plugging away anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Let us know how you get on Azza. I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and getting two Hori's. They have been excellent in the past so hopefully they are decent on this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

0ubliette wrote: »
    I hate to piss on anyones chips whos waiting on a fightpad, i got mine today and lets jsut say im not overly impressed. The dpad is very floaty and misreads diagonally up left & up right commands as 'jump straight up like a div and get dragon punched'.

Haven't got SF IV yet but plugged the fightpad in and tried the HD Remix demo. That floating D-pad is weiiird for me - being more used to the Playstation pad.

The time I spent playing was brief (so will probably get used to it once I've given it a chance) but, if this is what the Saturn controller lovers are used to, I can perhaps understand why certain folk find the PS D-pad strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    To unlock Gouken, all other characters have to be unlocked, you need to have beaten the game with all of them also. Then replay Arcade mode with a character you have already beaten the game with.

Put the settings on Easiest, 1 Round. Now, you need at least 1 perfect and 3 ultra finishes, no continues. Don't get anymore perfects/ultras than what I've stated here, just kill them normally after you've done this. After you beat Seth, Gouken will appear, beat him without losing and he will be unlocked.

Seriously lads , you don't have to beat it as every guy to unlock gouken. Nor do you have to perfect every round either.
    0ubliette wrote: »

Also this game is tuning into Ken Fighter 4 online. Player maches are the best as people seem more willign to use characters who arent ken.

I loled in RL. Yeah ken used to be my main, but I hardly play with him now due to how many utter noobs play with him online. Still, 9/10 times I see ken load up during a ranked match I know I have a win in the bag.

All yea gotta do with the kens is let them wiff their dragon punches and punish.

I'm used to 3s timing still though and being able to punish people just as they're getting up from the ground, but I can't do this so well in SFIV but I still kinda 'automatically' try it every now and then only to get hit be a nooby ken players hard SRK.

But I generally gotta lol and these guys, if they're not SRKing, they're whole game is 'jump back, fireball, jump forward heavy kick heavy sweep. jump back again. Sometimes run all the way back to the corner...:rolleyes:

So many players seem afraid of me. Every ones always running away from me, I have to chase everyone all over the damn stage. Kens a ****ing rushdown character, you're meant to get stuck in there and kick some ass... not run away...

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Seriously lads , you don't have to beat it as every guy to unlock gouken. Nor do you have to perfect every round either.

I loled in RL. Yeah ken used to be my main, but I hardly play with him now due to how many utter noobs play with him online. Still, 9/10 times I see ken load up during a ranked match I know I have a win in the bag.

All yea gotta do with the kens is let them wiff their dragon punches and punish.

I'm used to 3s timing still though and being able to punish people just as they're getting up from the ground, but I can't do this so well in SFIV but I still kinda 'automatically' try it every now and then only to get hit be a nooby ken players hard SRK.

But I generally gotta lol and these guys, if they're not SRKing, they're whole game is 'jump back, fireball, jump forward heavy kick heavy sweep. jump back again. Sometimes run all the way back to the corner...:rolleyes:

So many players seem afraid of me. Every ones always running away from me, I have to chase everyone all over the damn stage. Kens a ****ing rushdown character, you're meant to get stuck in there and kick some ass... not run away...

lol

Me too, ive been a ken palyer since i first got SF2 Turbo on the mega drive. It sucks now as i dont want to use him, online anyway, arcade mode i still use him, but i just hate people thinking im a Ken noob. Ive switched to guile online and he really can **** you up bigtime if youre not careful, ive given a few shoto spammers a lesson they wont forget in a hurry at any rate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

That is a nightmare with Ken.
    Ah crap.

I have used him since the arcade Championship cabinet.

I used to love that you could get a major combo with him, before combos were common place.
    Jump hard kick, low/medium trip, crouching upper cut, hadoken, SRK

In that game it used to take 50% energy as far as I can remember.

I still place him as my primary character.

I can't play online with my friend on the ps3, we pick our characters and then just before the fight starts it says connection lost????

EDIT: Can't even find any ranked or player matches? what's going on? I can only create matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

lol
    youre so l337 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I've been pretty much ken only since SF II

I try and play about with other characters in the game but if i'm playing against rl players it's ken or ryu

i make no excuses for it and I don't get why people whine about people use ken or ryu if you can wipe the floor with them and they're easy to combat then do it and stfu about it.

it's as bad as someone whining about tick throws and random cheapness

I have no problem with people sticking to one character and using the same moves over and over again.

Its just I expected that there would be a mix of characters being picked online. Granted many don't have some characters unlocked, buts its weird to see so many different players pick Ken.

I don't mind though as their usually over zealous use of his shoryuken is easy to punish.

I've had a few drop as soon as I had them beat and then send me messages about being cheap.

Infact the first time I picked Akuma online the player I was about to beat dropped and messages me saying that the game was bs cause he did not have Akuma and I only played Akuma.

If your beat your beat you should take the loss regardless of curcumstances.
    Besides the at the moment defeats are more important to me than losses so I can actually learn something about tactics of characters than can be a trouble to me and then try and figure out how to counter them.

And Cunny many maybe afraid of you but my Bison ain't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It's boring to play against them all the time though. I do use them but I tend to cycle through a good few characters as where's the fun in doing the same moves all the time.

I played a couple of matches there and for the whole time the other player just sat on the other side of the screen and launched fireballs continuously. Where's the fighting spirit?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A good E Honda or Blanka player - hell even a bad one, like me - can destroy the Ken clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

John wrote: »
    It's boring to play against them all the time though. I do use them but I tend to cycle through a good few characters as where's the fun in doing the same moves all the time.

I played a couple of matches there and for the whole time the other player just sat on the other side of the screen and launched fireballs continuously. Where's the fighting spirit?

this is the problem, and it's not exclusive to ken

there's no difference in someone using bision and rolling across the screen back and forward.

this is a genuine lack of creativity on the players part it's nothing to do with ken

picking ken doesn't force the player to keep throwing fireballs all day.

this is a "player" problem not a "character" problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

ntlbell wrote: »
    I've been pretty much ken only since SF II

I try and play about with other characters in the game but if i'm playing against rl players it's ken or ryu

i make no excuses for it and I don't get why people whine about people use ken or ryu if you can wipe the floor with them and they're easy to combat then do it and stfu about it.

it's as bad as someone whining about tick throws and random cheapness

People like to whine because they're scrubs. There is no cheap in SFIV, throws can be teched, focus attacks can be stuffed with armor breaks. Only thing that pisses me off is lag, I cannot stand lag.

Advertisement