Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane

Options
  • 13-02-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Did anyone notice a twin engine plane flying over from NW to SE around Drung- Cootehill area at about 1am and the suddenly doing a complete u-turn and heading back the way it came,. I would normally associate this plane as coming from either Derry or Donegal airport heading to Dublin, but I have never ever seen them doing a turn around over Cavan,. I was kinda concerned that it maybe in trouble and that is why it turned around, but there was'nt anything on the news today about it.Now this was a small twin engined passenger plane, so if anyone can shed light on this I would love to know...
    thanks...:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PILOT

maybe it could have been a pilot doing circuits from Sligo airport or enniskillen ??

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

PILOT wrote: »
    maybe it could have been a pilot doing circuits from Sligo airport or enniskillen ??

At 1 am? I would imagine that would be done in daylight hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Maybe took a wrong turn:p:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

maybe it was a ufo, one of these yokes the "irish sun" newspaper insisted on running as front page news last week! were all f**ked!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Strange but I was awoken sometime around then by what I reckoned was a prop plane flying fairly low midway between Dundalk & Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

wilson10 wrote: »
    Strange but I was awoken sometime around then by what I reckoned was a prop plane flying fairly low midway between Dundalk & Drogheda

To be honest, if it had happened in daylight I would expect a small single engine aircraft maybe taking photos or something but this was a twin engine plane and as you say it was low enough to wake people up. My neighbours heard it and mentioned it today. It was very unusual to say the least and I still havent found out anything about it.

p.s.- it wasnt a UFO, I have seen one before one night when I was out riding shergar with a ghost friend of mine...lol..:p

Advertisement