Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox wireless network problems

Options
  • 13-02-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Over in the gaming section i have been trying to get help accessing my wireless network from my xbox and vice versa post is here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055483777

I have media server software on my pc (Tversity) and are able to access all my media files from my laptop. Hardware i have is desktop with lan to netgear wireless router/modem and xbox with aeropad mini wifi adapter, aeropad is configured with wep key/ channel and ssid same as my router and laptop. I think there is some kind of communication problem between the xbox and the aeropad although both work as i have used the aeropad on my laptop and using direct cable can ftp to my xbox. Using ipconfig on my laptop i get an IP of 192.168.0.3, IP of xbox is 192.168.1.2 . I have never mucked around with any networking stuff before so this is about as far as my knowledge extends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Something funny with your DHCP servers. At a guess, do you have internet connection sharing enabled on your desktop pc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

Gavin wrote: »
    Something funny with your DHCP servers. At a guess, do you have internet connection sharing enabled on your desktop pc ?

I do or did, in my " network connections " in XP i had an icon for internet gateway which seems to have disappeared

Yeah if you have internet connection sharing running on the pc it will run a dhcp server and hand out the 192.168.0.x addresses. Best to disable it and make sure you are getting your IP from the router, that way everyone is on the same IP network.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

Gavin wrote: »
    Yeah if you have internet connection sharing running on the pc it will run a dhcp server and hand out the 192.168.0.x addresses. Best to disable it and make sure you are getting your IP from the router, that way everyone is on the same IP network.

Ok, for a networking retard, what is the simplest way of achieving this ?

I'm not sure to be honest ! I don't use windows too much. Right click on the connection perhaps and look around for internet connection sharing in properties and disable it. Disable it for any network cards on the machine

• Advertisement
Advertisement