Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band DLC: Megadeth - Peace Sells

Options
  • 13-02-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me, or is this just next to near impossible to play on expert?, specifically My Last Words and Wake Up Dead.

Anyone? Anyone? Buellar?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm here, I can answer!

I think it's a great pack! I've finished 'em all on guitar on expert, that was grand enough, there's one or two that continue to defy me on drums, inc. what is widely regarded as the toughest track in RB history "Good Mourning, Black Friday"

Pretty standard on vocals. Anyone looking for a REAL challenge on guitar should pick up the Ywingie Malmsteen track pack. Apart from the HI-larious lyrics (which are a bonus), the guitar took me like 2 FREAKING DAYS to master! That's a long time!!

O, I'm sorta good at RB :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm here, I can answer!

I think it's a great pack! I've finished 'em all on guitar on expert, that was grand enough, there's one or two that continue to defy me on drums, inc. what is widely regarded as the toughest track in RB history "Good Mourning, Black Friday"

Pretty standard on vocals. Anyone looking for a REAL challenge on guitar should pick up the Ywingie Malmsteen track pack. Apart from the HI-larious lyrics (which are a bonus), the guitar took me like 2 FREAKING DAYS to master! That's a long time!!

Only doing guitar at present (no room in our current place for the drum kit), but i've been absolutely slaughtered on expert so far. I'm actually in a bit of a bind, cos i went down to hard and was bored bandy because it moved so slowly.

Looks like i'm into practice mode when i have some free time.

Do you use the RB guitar? It's handy for sections that go, sort of
    G
    R
    Y
    R
    G
    R
    Y

etc.
    Do you know how to do these sections?
    For the tough 4 string pull off sections, it's just a matter of getting fast enough, and having the required OD to pull you through. Is there any particular song getting you down you need tips for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'm here, I can answer!

Caprici Di Diablo is the only hard song in the pack though (to pass), the other two are pretty easy until it gets to the solos and if you have trouble passing them you can just save up your overdrive.
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Only doing guitar at present (no room in our current place for the drum kit), but i've been absolutely slaughtered on expert so far. I'm actually in a bit of a bind, cos i went down to hard and was bored bandy because it moved so slowly.

Looks like i'm into practice mode when i have some free time.

In fairness,I warned you that they were hard :P I'd recommend giving breakneck speed a shot,it spaces out the notes more.

In fairness,I warned you that they were hard :P I'd recommend giving breakneck speed a shot,it spaces out the notes more.

I vaguely remember that conversation though. My train of thought when playing GH/RB is kinda limited to whats on the screen, i'll give you major props for being able to play and talk at the same time, i can't! I absolutely suck at it, i end up missing a bunch of notes. It's the same for when i listen unfortunately :(

So it's either do somewhat decent at guitar, which causes me to be an antisocial prick, or vice versa. ;)

• Advertisement

Do you use the RB guitar? It's handy for sections that go, sort of
    G
    R
    Y
    R
    G
    R
    Y

etc.
    Do you know how to do these sections?
    For the tough 4 string pull off sections, it's just a matter of getting fast enough, and having the required OD to pull you through. Is there any particular song getting you down you need tips for?

My fingers suck at hammer ons and pulloffs, i tend to use the index finger and slide it up and down. I will try to practice more though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Dark onion,do you play on 360? We need to play sometime.

My fingers suck at hammer ons and pulloffs, i tend to use the index finger and slide it up and down. I will try to practice more though. :)

Ah, the old index finger slide. I still use it if I get COMPLETELY overwhelmed, as is the case in some megadeth songs. For the sort of 1-2-3-2-1-2-3 bits you should tap if possible. You know the type of thing in GGaHTF. The really long bit that's just 3 colours over and over... Place your index finger on the "lowest" colour (green, for instance), then hammer on with your middle finger to the next colour (red, let's say) and then hit the yellow with the index finger on your right hand. To go back down, release the right hand index finger, then pull off with the left hand middle finger, and repeat! I know it sounds really difficult, but thanks to the RB guitar controllers solo buttons, you don't have to use your elbow to strum anymore, so it's a lot easier.

It's really something worth mastering, because it's used in so many of the higher tier songs. Sorry, if you already knew how to do that :P

Cedomination, I'd love to have my arse handed to me sometime! My Gamertag is my porfile name here, the "4" included. I wont be on again 'til next Saturday though. is that okay?

It's really something worth mastering, because it's used in so many of the higher tier songs. Sorry, if you already knew how to do that :P

I'm aware of it, i'm just not very good at it, that's all.
    But i do appreciate the advice, so thanks. :)

Not a problem, hope it didn't sound too "matter of fact"...

The only problem with the Megadeth album for me is that I play career in drums, and they always pop up in random setlists and screw me up!

• Advertisement

Not a problem, hope it didn't sound too "matter of fact"...

The only problem with the Megadeth album for me is that I play career in drums, and they always pop up in random setlists and screw me up!

I have that problem, especially with Sleepwalker, or Testament's Electric Crown.
    Frustrating!

And I can deal with the first failure, but not if I fail twice. I just sign out to save me the the fans :P

If Good Mourning/Black Friday says hello at the end of 5 song set list again, I'm going to break something!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

If Good Mourning/Black Friday says hello at the end of 5 song set list again, I'm going to break something!

Your fingers probably.

Yes, that seems like the closest thing at most times, but then I wouldn't be able to chat with ye here... Unless I typed with my forehead...

Yes, that seems like the closest thing at most times, but then I wouldn't be able to chat with ye here... Unless I typed with my forehead...

I know someone who doesn't use hands to reply to forums. and he doesn't use his forehead either.

Cully wrote: »
    I know someone who doesn't use hands to reply to forums. and he doesn't use his forehead either.

After seeing one of your RB characters who wears nothing but a pair of pink manties, i'm half scared to ask what this dude uses.

After seeing one of your RB characters who wears nothing but a pair of pink manties, i'm half scared to ask what this dude uses.

haha.. it was done as a joke.. and it was successful cos I get so much comments from it :D

The guy I'm talking about has a very scary pc.. He's blind and uses chat recognition software.... Whatever this software does, he knows how to make it work very very well. For example when the pc turns on, he can talk to it to make it do everything... excel, word, internet, msn, etc....

Cully wrote: »
    The guy I'm talking about has a very scary pc.. He's blind and uses chat recognition software.... Whatever this software does, he knows how to make it work very very well. For example when the pc turns on, he can talk to it to make it do everything... excel, word, internet, msn, etc....

Oh i've seen one of those PC's for the blind, they're kinda like chunky laptops, Did some repair work on a couple of them. The problem with them is that they're mostly software based, so if there's a problem with it, and it throws up an error before Windows loads, the blind guy can't see the error, and the software doesn't kick in, so he's left there helpless.

I've played around with the JAWS software for it too. It really is quite handy.
    I actually learned how to use it and most of it's commands, without sounding too preachy, but vision is something we all take for granted, I could go blind in the next year for all I know. So i wanted to get a head start just in case it ever happened. :)

I finished "My Last Words" yesterday on expert drums yesterday. 4 stars and 89%. It took a while... But the joy at the end was beautiful :D

Advertisement