Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands International Airport: Good idea or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

Gruffalo wrote: »
    The EU would not allow you to fly from the Midlands to anywhere on in the country as you can get to all the major cities in about 2 hours. They have some directive along those lines anyway.

Dont worry about PSO's. This thing will never happen.

YES IT WILL! JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Gruffalo

Alfasud wrote: »
    YES IT WILL! JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE!

Proclaiming your false gospel in block capitals does not make it true.

There is more chance of the Cat and Bagpipes becoming a nightclub.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This thread should get awards.....

For mainly being pathetic...

While yer all cribbing for your aiport, I'm campaigning for the midwest to get it's Space centre. I want to hug the moon and stars, be closer to the heavans and all that craic...

mysterious wrote: »
    This thread should get awards.....

For mainly being pathetic...

While yer all cribbing for your aiport, I'm campaigning for the midwest to get it's Space centre. I want to hug the moon and stars, be closer to the heavans and all that craic...

Perhaps you should get an award for your inability to read. The majority of posters on this thread have ridiculed the idea.

• Advertisement

Perhaps you should get an award for your inability to read. The majority of posters on this thread have ridiculed the idea.

Oh you must have forgotten the irony. I know that alot of people don't agree with it. I was just been in general.

Maybe I should now go and re word what I said:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

The EU would not allow you to fly from the Midlands to anywhere on in the country as you can get to all the major cities in about 2 hours. They have some directive along those lines anyway.
    Really?? Have never heard anything about that. The EU have a rule how long a flight has to be? Doesn't sound possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

spacetweek wrote: »
    Really?? Have never heard anything about that. The EU have a rule how long a flight has to be? Doesn't sound possible.

I think so..Waterford airport does not get a PSO (as far as I know) to Dublin unlike all the other airports as far as I know because it is "too near" Dublin.

This thread should be put into the space junk folder.

Unless there is a cosmic portal in the midlands then we might look into the aviation industry centering around the bog of Allen.

Did any of you know there is a cosmic portal under the sphinx. The Race from Sirius have a gateway there. It's funny though come to think of it. The Government and officials won't let anyone excavate the full extent of whats under it.;)

This should gve the thread some meaning:p

Proclaiming your false gospel in block capitals does not make it true.

When the Airport is built the Cat And Bagpipes will certainly become a nightclub.......maybe even a hotel:D

• Advertisement

Oh you must have forgotten the irony. I know that alot of people don't agree with it. I was just been in general.

Maybe I should now go and re word what I said:rolleyes:

No just learn what irony is. :)

mfitzy wrote: »
    I think so..Waterford airport does not get a PSO (as far as I know) to Dublin unlike all the other airports as far as I know because it is "too near" Dublin.

Maybe it is just PSO's that are banned but I had thought it was not flights allowed.

This thread should be put into the space junk folder.

Unless there is a cosmic portal in the midlands then we might look into the aviation industry centering around the bog of Allen.

Did any of you know there is a cosmic portal under the sphinx. The Race from Sirius have a gateway there. It's funny though come to think of it. The Government and officials won't let anyone excavate the full extent of whats under it.;)

This should gve the thread some meaning:p

Learn your Geography. Tubber does not sit around the Bog of Allen. Even if there was a cosmic portal there still wouldn't be an airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Without being meandering, repetitive, or stating truisms....

I think we should build this airport :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Furet that wouldn't be enough. Sure if he wants the airport closer,

Heck he should move all the countries he wants to visit closer to his house..
    I want a sea port, Dublin has one, Cork has one, even Galway has one, why can't Edgeworthtown have one? :D

I want a sea port, Dublin has one, Cork has one, even Galway has one, why can't Edgeworthtown have one? :D

Granted, dont forget Laois has 2 ports, now what colour would you like that there sea port in?

NOW THATS A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. It would bring life to the Midlands:D:D:D

Just imagine flying to Hong Kong from Tubber..................:cool:

[
    PC0077: ()

Offaly County Council
    Proposed Leinster International Airport, in the Portarlington Area, County Offaly.
    Case reference: PL19 .PC0077
    Case type: Pre-Application Consultation
    Parties
    • Tundra Holdings (Prospective Appl)
    • Offaly County Council (Local Authority) (Active)
    History
    • 15/04/2009: Lodged
    ]
    Obviously more people than you think reckon Offaly is the correct place for Irelands premier International airport. Now two outfits are looking to invest.

Passenger numbers are actually dropping at Dublin right now. There definitely is not the demand for this. Dublin is only an hour away. Shannon not a million miles away either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Alfasud wrote: »
    Offaly is the correct place for Irelands premier International airport.

Do you know how ridiculous that statment you made just there sounds? Thats all I have to say on the matter.
    Now two outfits are looking to invest.

Offaly will never get heavy investment as you speak of.

Passenger numbers are actually dropping at Dublin right now. There definitely is not the demand for this. Dublin is only an hour away. Shannon not a million miles away either.

And you forgot:

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Noone, but we will stick an airport there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

"Leinster International Airport"

Good god

"Leinster International Airport"

Good god

Not to be confused with Leicester Airport!

Offaly county council ought to get a grip as well, wasting precious money even thinking about this pipedream.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

is portarlington not in laois????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

And isnt it just a commuter town thats lucky enough to have a railway station? And isnt it a place that most people dont want to go to?

Portarlington & Athenry - Two undeserving hubs of Irish transport

Absolutely ridiculous.

Offaly county council ought to get a grip as well, wasting precious money even thinking about this pipedream.

If an application is made they are duty bound to consider it. Regardless of how stupid it is.

dannym08 wrote: »
    is portarlington not in laois????

Like Athlone, it is split between 2 counties i.e. Offaly and Laois. The Offaly side is often referred to as Gracefield - the name of the GAA club.

• Advertisement

And isnt it just a commuter town thats lucky enough to have a railway station? And isnt it a place that most people dont want to go to?

Portarlington & Athenry - Two undeserving hubs of Irish transport

Absolutely ridiculous.

Absolutely ridiculous that you are complaining about this. These decisions were made in a hell of a long time ago, particularly in the case of Portarlington. The original rail and road routes were, in the main, decided long before you and I were born.

As for the airport, it is not going to happen.

Advertisement