Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Incident at LCY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

You did say in another thread

'Having been spotting at LCY, I know how steep they come in, some of them drop like a stone on approach'

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Foggy43 wrote: »
    You did say in another thread

'Having been spotting at LCY, I know how steep they come in, some of them drop like a stone on approach'

:D

I know! Freaky isn't it. I was wondering if this is the problem, are these types too heavy for such steep approaches? A similar thing happened to, yet again, a BA flight on Feb 5th when a nose wheel was bent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Probably due to pilot error, a hard landing at best can result in angry passengers and at worst collapse of gear and aircraft damage. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

Strange enough for the nose gear to collapse from a hard landing, normally the main gears should take the brunt of the impact. Maybe the nose gear wasn't locked properly...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Foggy43 wrote: »
    I always loved the flight in and out of LCY. Purely for the 'dropping like a stone' approach and then later the full throttle brakes release take off roll. Did them for about 2 years on the EI Bae146.

• Advertisement
Advertisement