Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3G Voicemail on Vodafone

• 13-02-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Picked up this useful snippet earlier which may be of interest..Works fine with my 3G on Vodafone IE
    How do I configure my iPhone for Voicemail?

The iPhone expects to use Visual Voicemail and this is a feature specific to O2 and AT&T at the moment. So when users insert their Vodafone SIM, the voicemail button doesn't do anything. To get the voicemail button to dial Vodafone voicemail, enter the code below. Note that this does not give you the Visual Voicemail features on Vodafone.

1. Press the iPhone’s Phone button
    2. Tap the Keypad tab
    3. Enter the following code: *5005*86*171#
    4. Tap Call
    5. That's it – next time you can tap the Voicemail button to call Vodafone voicemail
    I assume that if you are using your iPhone on Meteor or 3, you can substitute the 171 above for whatever the corresponding short code is on each network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I tried this on three, but it doesn't appear to have worked. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

randomer wrote: »
    I tried this on three, but it doesn't appear to have worked. :(
    What short code do you use on three to dial voicemail i.e I use 171 on Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

171 on three too.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smasherplan9

Thanks CivilEx, worked fine for me on vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Thanks CivilEx, worked fine for me on vodafone.
    Good, good, surprised though it won't work on 3 though. I'd have thought that the code was blind to the network the phone was on. Did I mention that this was for the 3G rather than the 2G?

• Advertisement
Advertisement