Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Formula 1 2009 - Invitation.

Options
  • 13-02-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

I'm setting up a Fantasy Formula 1 league for the up coming season.
    I used to run this using an excel worksheet, but now I'm just finishing off a web site to do all the hard work :)

Anyone who's interested, let me know and I'll forward you the rules and further details.

There is a fee of 10 euro per team (nothing comes for free!), which you can pay by PayPal.
    All profits are being put into the prize fund ( so no, I'm not going to make a cent!)
    The prize fund will be split up as follows:
    Winner: 40%
    Second: 20%
    Third : 15%
    With 25% of the prize fund being donated to any registered charity of the Winners choice.

Depending on how many enter, I may be able to offer individual race prizes, or perhaps some nice folk out there would like to sponsor some prizes??????

I hope to have the site ready in the next week or two, just waiting on getting a PayPal account verified, and then installing the component.

BTW - I have spoken to a Motorsport Mod, RuggieBear, who has granted me permission to discuss this and offer it to Boards members. But if anyone has any concerns with this being offered here, just let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'd more than likely be in. Will have to use someone else's Paypal though, take it that'll be ok?

What kind of format will it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

You don't need a PayPal account to pay money - only if you want to get it back! :)

Basic format:

Budget of 36million, pick two drivers and two cars, of various values.
    You'll be allowed to change your choice anytime you like, right up to 11.59pm on the Friday before the race. You can do this for every race, if you like.
    You get points for Top 8 finishers, grid position, fastest lap, grid position improvement, completed laps.
    Points deducted for car failure, black flag and grid positions lost.

Sounds complicated, but you do have to have some level of variation in a league to make it a challenge.

Anyone who's interested, drop me a PM with an email address, and I'll add you to a mailing list. Plus I want to have a draw just for Boards members, where a few of ye will get your money back!

Advertisement