Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWG Pre-CU

• 13-02-2009 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone else play pre-CU (Pre Combat Upgrade)? It was by far the best MMO I've ever played before. What profession were you? If you would be interested in playing it again send me a PM or ask in the thread and I can provide a link to a project that is working to bring it back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i think most people that have played swg, pre and post nge have heard of the emu "project".
    its a cool thing to play for about half an hour,
    and remember what it was like.

although i think most people know its never gona be finished,
    and if it is, i hope it is, SOE wont let it be released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 webbwbb

Well we do have all of our legal aspects covered and have made a lot of progress lately. Crafting is making it's way in. I recommend that you check out the project again and see how much progress has been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, if you are sure you have all legal aspects covered, then by all means, throw us a link :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ah sure yeah ill give it a look.
    like i said, its enjoyable to see pre nge.

http://swgemu.com

We have over 65,000 members now and average around 300 people on our public test center at a time. If you decide to join the forums then would you mind putting my name in the referral? Anyway, the project is making a lot of headway and I think that you should definitely check it out at least to see where we are with things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Is this the same EMU project where the main guy grabbed all the cash donated and did a runner?

He was not the main guy but yes. I left the project for a little while but came back after things had changed for the better. Things have been restructured so that the resources (money, server, etc) are all split up between people and it would be difficult or impossible for something like that to happen again without multiple people working togother to steal it. We have purchased some server hardware and are saving up for a lot more so that we can start a second test server which will eventually become a full fledged server community. The Joker incident is one of the most embarassing parts of our history and is something a lot of the community is still upset about but we learned from our mistakes and have made things more secure now.

Advertisement