Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance Dance Revolution and other dance related Rhythm Games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I've been practising using the floor, a chair (for bar) and jukebox mode. It's oh so very tiring, and I got a blister!

In about 9 years of DDR, I have never gotten a single blister from it... Try using decent running shoes and DON'T play barefoot if you can at all help it.

Unless you've got those crap mats that are plastic which only work barefoot.. in that case... wear decent socks.

I've been buying Nike Free 5.0 or 7.0 for years... They are widely known as one of the best type of shoes for DDR. Oh.. and they are comfortable too :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well the blister was actually from my time spent playing DDR in the arcade. I had to stop because of it. I can pass most songs (with keypad) with about 8 or 9 feet now, but it has to be at 2X speed

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My friend and I went to an arcade in Limerick today to suss it out, and it turns out there's a DDR machine there! 2 actually, but one's not plugged in. The one I was playing was Dancing stage Fusion or something along those lines. Good fun, but once again the lack of "hyperspeed" kept me from moving up to the 7 or 8 feet songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

It's very bad to rely on speed mods for DDR. They help but you become far less skilled if you can't use them. Having said that I think there are speed mods on it. After choosing the song just keep the button pressed down or press it again quickly. That'll give you a menu

Advertisement