Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the mid-term has arrived.........

Options
  • 14-02-2009 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

And we all have such great intentions! But will we get ourselves motivated to hit the books?

I promised myself I'd study over the second week of the christmas holls but it never materialised for one reason or another. Fifa09 > PES09 ;)

Anyway, I'm heading to the library for study during the mid term as I know I won't do a tap at home. At least in the library you've no distractions. Plus, mocks when we get back.

What are your plans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K4t wrote: »
    What are your plans?

Study, mocks start monday week.:)

I dont really mind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Im off to germany skiing for the week early sunday morning :D:D

I might get around to doing some work for DCG (fancy tech drawing) project but wont do anything if i be anyway realistic!

Exams over! Apart from english which was cancelled by the snow:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Going skiing too :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Sleep late EVERY morning! Mocks have seriously worn me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

mocks are done.
    fun week starts now:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Re-do my history research topic.
    Revise everything I crammed for during the mocks (so not to forget it).
    Watch the shedload of films I recorded during the last two months.

That's the plan anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Score.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

ahh well my mocks start on monday week so i cant really be doind anything too mad...
    gives me a lie in and a bit of time to catch up on the aul maths :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

When the week starts I'm planning to work on a near school hour basis. Hopefully that'll bring me right up in most subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

My school's running midterm study which i've decided to do, so, essentially, I'm not really having a midterm :P
    My mocks are starting Monday week too.. :(

Just finished my HPAT though, so this weekend's going to be all about getting horribly drunk and sleeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well today will be spent gorging on chocolate and being mushy with the boyfriend. At least I will be, he'll just roll his eyes a lot. I have to do LOTS of piano and singing practice, turns out my piano exam is probably going to be the end of this months and not next month as I'd been told >.< Also have to work on my songs for the music practical and on my document for the French oral and rollenspielen and projekte for German.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Today and tomorrow are for doing nothing, I'm gonna go to the cinema tomorrow or maybe to that Bodies exhibition (does that count as studying Biology? :pac:)

I have to revise like there's no tomorrow during the week, I'll probably head to the library or something because I can't study at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Was out Thurs night, went out last night, having a girls' night tonight with lots of ice cream & SATC.

Tomorrow will be sleeping!

Hope to do a bit of work during the week but not worried if I dont. It'll be full steam ahead after midterm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh yeah I might go to the bodies exhibition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

^ Thanks for reminding me about that :D

Our school has midterm study from 9-1 and I'll do an extra few hours on top of that.

I was asked by my friends to go visit them in Dublin and have a look at the college campus, sit in on a lecture or two so I can get the feel of what's like - to increase my motivation.

And as Piste said, I might visit the exhibition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah think I'll be going into school once or twice, mad as it sounds. Have to finish off the DCG project on the computers before the mocks start Wednesday week. We'll be unsupervised with the master key for the school, should be fun!

Also have to do an essay on Walcott, write up Geography field work study for Irish oral the Monday we get back.

Plan to do a good bit of study on top of that too, whether that happens or not is another thing.

Work hard, party hard shall be my motto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Well study really as i have the pres monday week!whoop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

Same thing every year....everyone says they'll start studying for the LC in September then come June: "F*** it boyz...i've NOTHIN done!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I beat you all, instead of midterm i get lovely mocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

i plan to set up camp at the library for the week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

mocks are over...:p i don't care i am taking a break anyway..

+ + i have the valentines day and my 18th birthday excuse...

gonna do some study after my birthday

i had a dream last night about i failed my maths paper 2:eek::( got 34%

not nice..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

start my history research topic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Piste wrote: »
    Oh yeah I might go to the bodies exhibition too.
    I was going to go after the HPAT yesterday but at 2.00 the guy said if I bought tickets now Id get in at 4.00. I wasnt going to wait, I would have had to get the late train home and I was tired so i got the 3.20 home. I was a bit disappointed but I might go again later in the week but prebook my tickets this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Mocks Monday week, going to write out a study plan for the week (which I know I won't stick too).:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

finished the mocks, decided i'm totally taking this week off to relax, then from the monday we're back, it will be full force studying for the real thing. didn't bring one book home with me this midterm

should be a good week.. predebs tomorrow, a few birthdays and general nights out.. can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Studying :( Mocks start on the Monday we're back.. in the afternoon though, we're in class that morning which is pretty craaaaaap. Gotta go in from 8-4 tomorrow to do my poster for art aswell, but apart from that I've like 15 hours of grinds which is gonna be a killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Determined to do at least 2 hours a day in the library.

Not gonna happen, bit it's nice to pretend sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Sleep late EVERY morning! Mocks have seriously worn me out.

+1

Also have to work on my DCG and Geography projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I've mocks next week so I plan on studying quite a bit. I'd done almost nothing up until this weekend where I got a bit done. Though I went out Friday and Saturday night which kinda messed up my study.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need to do my RE project but I might have to leave it till Easter..................:eek:

Advertisement