Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the mid-term has arrived.........

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 South-wind

more study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I literally woke up half an hour ago. God bless Midterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

cautioner wrote: »
    I literally woke up half an hour ago. God bless Midterm.

Jealousy.

I got up at 6.45 and went to school. After supervised midterm study I went to the library.
    This can't go on, I'm not cut out for this sort of dedication!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

To study, study, study. Did 3 hours today. You simply jus have to do it, take at your book and rewrite notes fol,lowed by an exam q. The time flies in I find

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I have to cram in a load of piano practice cos I found out my exam is in 2 weeks and not 5 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »
    I have to cram in a load of piano practice cos I found out my exam is in 2 weeks and not 5 :(

Serves you right for getting to have your mocks before mid term!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Synods

Im going taking a break:D.....had my mocks and hpat eating up the last 2wks and if i dont take a break and recover from them now i will just end up carrying all the excess stress and fatigue until june!!!
    A happy student is a productive student, thats what works for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Know Keats, Longley and Bishop back to front after today, and they're the only poets I plan on studying (well for the mocks anyway).

Today is everything to do with Irish and French, oral, etc...:cool:

So far I'm on trackm which is a surprise.:D

Did nothing today; even went so far as messily arranging a few books and "freshly" made out notes on my desk to avoid a guilt trip from the parents. I'm a bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I've done no study so far. Was in school the past two days finishing my DCG project and was too tired when I got home to do anything else. Going out at night doesn't help your plans to study the next day too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I've been in school during the day but I've been really inefficient. I've only got a Walcott essay done so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Fair play to all those studying over the midterm.
    Personally I haven't opened a book since the mocks finished.

I find I need this opportunity to have a kind of 'complete break' from school work to keep my sanity.

Also the alcohol helps too.... hmm :rolleyes:

Library is my new best friend - just can't study at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Can't study at home either.
    School until 12.30, Library until 4.15 and then a quick dash to the bus for 4.30.

Although, this has only gone according to plan twice this week. Distractions like Topshop have been hard to avoid.
    Who locates a library in the middle of a city? Foolish planning right there.

What is this thing with people going to school over mid term? You all make me sick. With inadequacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I have my mocks next week although I'm considering not studying at all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I started out with the best of intentions, I mean, I brought books home! Good start, right? :p
    My bag has been left untouched. I didn't factor in that my birthday was last Sunday. That in itself is an excuse not to study!
    The mocks drained me, I'm taking this week as a break, and will definitely do work once I'm back! :D

I said this after Christmas too.... But still, this time, I will! ;)

I started out with the best of intentions, I mean, I brought books home! Good start, right? :p
    My bag has been left untouched. I didn't factor in that my birthday was last Sunday. That in itself is an excuse not to study!
    The mocks drained me, I'm taking this week as a break, and will definitely do work once I'm back! :D

well ur mocks are over so u mite as well have a break (and maybe a kitkat)

I said this after Christmas too.... But still, this time, I will! ;)

well ur mocks are over so u mite as well have a break (and maybe a kitkat;))

Yeah, that's the plan :D

I actually feel really bad for anyone who has their mocks after the midterm. It would definitely ruin the midterm somewhat :(

I actually feel really bad for anyone who has their mocks after the midterm. It would definitely ruin the midterm somewhat :(

Pish off!:p

• Advertisement

Pish off!:p

Oh sorry, that wasn't supposed to come across like that. I do genuinely feel sorry for ye :o At least you can practically get all the questions and stuff from other people now, if that's what you want to do like, cos loads of people are finished already! :D

Oh sorry, that wasn't supposed to come across like that. I do genuinely feel sorry for ye :o At least you can practically get all the questions and stuff from other people now, if that's what you want to do like, cos loads of people are finished already! :D

That would put you in a false sense of security though.:D I'm tempted to look at what poets came up in English as I've chosen to bank on three, Keats, Longley and Bishop.:cool:

So far I've studied Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and a bit yesterday, having today off (going up to Drogheda for a Shels match) and back to the books tomorrow with a bit of Business study.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

That would put you in a false sense of security though.:D I'm tempted to look at what poets came up in English as I've chosen to bank on three, Keats, Longley and Bishop.:cool:

So far I've studied Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and a bit yesterday, having today off (going up to Drogheda for a Shels match) and back to the books tomorrow with a bit of Business study.:cool:
    If none of those three come up you are the unluckiest bollix in Ireland. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Put in a few hours the last few days. Just had a look at some goegraphy sample answers on e-xamit. They're atrocious. They're not really the answers examiners are looking for are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Fringe wrote: »
    I have my mocks next week although I'm considering not studying at all again.

you want to get cracking you have three days to go

Bohs till I die:D;)

Ye I'm bankin on Longnly and Bishop although still have to study Bishop:mad:

Better get off this and do it

Yeah, that's the plan :D

Yeah it does sort of but I find I learn and do WAY more when I'm not in school cause I'm not as tired or as bored at home and you can break up yr study aswell...bitof study,bitof tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ye I'm bankin on Longnly and Bishop although still have to study Bishop:mad:

Better get off this and do it
    I'm the exact opposite. Haven't done Longley in more than a year :eek:

......................and gone, again, as it is wont to do... fickle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Last mid term of my life gone! (you don't get them in college do ya?) Was a good one though I must say. Should have done waaaayy more study though considering my mocks start on Wednesday :(

Advertisement