Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for 3 monitor set up

Options
  • 14-02-2009 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I am a poker player and i was looking at the following set up, it may be a bit more than i neeed but i thought it looked decent value. Does anyone here build machines who wud be interested in buildin a similar machine for less money or know any other similar deals are??
    http://www.cube247.co.uk/?customise=8

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thats not very hard to do, if you add another Graphics card to your current PC and buy the 3 monitors (or 2 more) you would probably be good to go.

Give some details of your current PC. You only need spend serious cash on decent graphics cards for 3D gaming etc, as all you need is to get 18/24 stars screens on the go at once is the 2D side of whta GPU's do, any old crappy card will do (relatively speaking).............if you current rig already has a discrete card, and 2 pci-x slots, you can bung another cheap one in and you should be good to go....once you buy the screens.

That deal looks pretty good, I haven't priced up the cost of the components, but I am guessing when you bung in the 12mths warranty its probably a better deal than you could buy and build yourself, but as I say above, you can defo do it alot cheaper if you have a half decent PC already. I'd recommend the Dell 2408 monitors incidentally.

Inq

Advertisement