Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocate to Kilkenny

Options
  • 14-02-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi
    I would like openions on what it is like to live in Kilkenny? also nearest 3rd level college?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from PI

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Moved down from Dublin nearly 3 years ago. Depends on what you are looking for and your reasons really. We moved for a different lifestyle for our kids but I'm not sure that we would have done it if it were just the two of us, at least not to our little quiet village anyway.

All depends what you are after. Carlow IT is not too far from Kilkenny City but the "natives" on here will be able to tell you more in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bogzilla

i'd rather live in a caravan in mozambique

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I like Kilkenny 'Street' with all the pubs but it's hardly a city tbh.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

bogzilla wrote: »
    i'd rather live in a caravan in mozambique

Don't let us stop you. Off you go;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

woolyhat wrote: »
    also nearest 3rd level college?

Carlow is a 30 min drive. Tipperary institute in Thurles is about 30 - 40 mins away and Waterford is about 40 mins drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

woolyhat wrote: »
    Hi
    I would like openions on what it is like to live in Kilkenny? also nearest 3rd level college?

IT Carlow is only 22 miles from Kilkenny. And on the best road. Thurles and WIT are more like an hour away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Kilkenny's grand. It's more or less like any other county town of a similar size. The infrastructure in the county is a atrocious though and the public transport isn't wonderful. Shopping wise, you've got the same shops as most other places though no Tesco/M&S/Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

Moved down here about 5 years ago, again for a better life for my child. Its a good town, more going on than in most provincial towns.
    KIlkenny has a lot going for it, but as it gets bigger it inevitably picks up the problems that face all towns :crime traffic etc.
    On the plus side the new motorway, which opens late next year will get ya up to dublin in about an hour and a half. it has all the shops you need with aldi coming soon and there are great bars and restaurants. The motorway will reduce the time to carlow and waterford rtcs to about 20 and 40 mins respectively.

Advertisement