Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Littlewoods

• 14-02-2009 1:35am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here buy/bought clothes from the Littlewoods catalogue or Littlewoods online?
    Thinking of having a browse. Con- not being able to try stuff on. Pro- not having to traipse around shops.
    How do they handle returns/shipping etc. Is the clothes quality good? If anyone has used them before advice appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,959 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Caderyn wrote: »
    Anyone here buy/bought clothes from the Littlewoods catalogue or Littlewoods online?
    Thinking of having a browse. Con- not being able to try stuff on. Pro- not having to traipse around shops.
    How do they handle returns/shipping etc. Is the clothes quality good? If anyone has used them before advice appreciated. :)

I've bought from them lots of times,
    The clothes have always been of good quality. They're no different than you'd buy in a shop in that regard.Most clothes they sell are well known brands anyway.

The shipping is free and things always seem to arrive when you're told they will in my experience.

Littlewoods are very good for returns. I think they let you return within 14 days if you don't like what you buy .You don't pay for anything until after you've recieved them.They send you out the bill 2 weeks or so after your things arrive.Then you can decide to pay and keep what you want.You can just send the stuff back if you don't like it.The only hassle is you have to pay postage for returns.Its usually just a few euro though.
    I'd recommend them :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd recommend them too. If you're unsure about sizes, order two sizes and send the one that doesn't fit back - especially with shoes. There's no problem with this once you keep the packaging fairly intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They're an absolute joke.
    I ordered a Bench leather bomber jacket from them last September, they said it would be in stock in 1-2 weeks. I was checking on the website and it gave a dispatch date. A few days after that it still hadn't arrived so I rang their customer services and they said "it doesn't say that on our system". Same thing happened again, dispatch date was changed, still didn't arrive.

This is now the end of October and I am moving house so I asked them if I could change the delivery address "Oh no, you can't do that until you've ordered from us several times". She then went on to say it had "been dispatched now" and that I couldn't cancel it - despite the fact I NO LONGER LIVE AT THAT ADDRESS - and I would still be responsible for receiving the jacket. I had to kick up a major stink with her manager asking how it was possible that it was MY responsibility when THEY put inaccurate dispatch dates on their website, take 2 months to deliver an order and then tell me that, despite the fact it's delivered by a courier and has to be signed for by me, they can't cancel the order?

In the end they reneged and refunded me the 200 euro I paid.

Oh and every time you ring them, at the end of the call they put the hard sell on you to buy that days' "special" like bedsheets or a teddy bear - even after you've just told them you want to cancel your order and will never use them again. lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Caderyn wrote: »

Ive used thema fair bit - when so busy in work & not a second to shop lol.
    Clothes are generally know brandnames so quality is the same as the shops. They are excellent for returns - no quibble really. They have a section on it for delivery options where you can type in a special requirement ie leave in porch or shed . This is great because the post man is no longer allowed to just leave a package on your door step if your not home. Once this is on it they will & it saves you trapsing to your local post office to collect it.
    The only con is the clothes can work out expensive if you dont pay on time & choose the credit option.But apart from that their customer service is really good. Good luck .:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Watch out though if you're buying brand names, noticed the shoes are more expensive in the catalogue than in the shop. Otherwise things like basic tshirts are nice quality and good value, usually don't see them on other people unlike pennys tops :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Ive bought stuff online and when the clothes arrived i was surprised at how good the quality is.Just buy in the sales and save yourself a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Buy in the sales!! Great for brands you know & bedding, curtains etc!

Only fault Myself & people I know have with them is alot of their own brand stuff runs big!! Most Stuff I got as a size 8 in their brands I had to return, was always tooooo big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

[quote They have a section on it for delivery options where you can type in a special requirement ie leave in porch or shed . This is great because the post man is no longer allowed to just leave a package on your door step if your not home. Once this is on it they will & it saves you trapsing to your local post office to collect it .[/quote]

haha not our postman!! He rings the doorbell, throws it on the ground & runs off!! Or he'll attempt to fit a packet or parcel through the letter box, give up, ring the bell & leg it off! Even when I am home, won't even wait for the door to open... open it & ya see nothing until you look down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

Buy from them alot and am always very happy with them. South are excellent clothes and i only get my work clothes from the south range. Yeah they charge interest on late payments so don't buy to much that you can't pay for straight away. Never had a returns problem with them either. Sales are always great. Very happy customer of theres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

Have had annoying experiences with them losing orders and having to pester them to get it ordered/sent and a downright infuriating fiasco of a situation where they didn't log my payment properly and began hounding me to pay up. It went on for months and the f*ckers would tell me every phonecall that they saw the error and had amended it and would refrain from harassing me in future. The next drone would ring a few days later informing me of escalating actions against me for non-payment.

They have a very unwieldy and inefficient customer service system and I've found ordering from them more troublesome than going to the shops or ordering from more professional online companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

eth0_ wrote: »
    They're an absolute joke.
    I ordered a Bench leather bomber jacket from them last September, they said it would be in stock in 1-2 weeks. I was checking on the website and it gave a dispatch date. A few days after that it still hadn't arrived so I rang their customer services and they said "it doesn't say that on our system". Same thing happened again, dispatch date was changed, still didn't arrive.

This is now the end of October and I am moving house so I asked them if I could change the delivery address "Oh no, you can't do that until you've ordered from us several times". She then went on to say it had "been dispatched now" and that I couldn't cancel it - despite the fact I NO LONGER LIVE AT THAT ADDRESS - and I would still be responsible for receiving the jacket. I had to kick up a major stink with her manager asking how it was possible that it was MY responsibility when THEY put inaccurate dispatch dates on their website, take 2 months to deliver an order and then tell me that, despite the fact it's delivered by a courier and has to be signed for by me, they can't cancel the order?

In the end they reneged and refunded me the 200 euro I paid.

Oh and every time you ring them, at the end of the call they put the hard sell on you to buy that days' "special" like bedsheets or a teddy bear - even after you've just told them you want to cancel your order and will never use them again. lol!

I agree, they are an absolute joke! I ordered a dress from them all was well, checked the confirmation email and realised that through no fault of my own the completely wrong address had been entered. I've lived at my address for a very long time so I think I know it! Anyway I proceeded to email them informing them of their mistake. They said product had been shipped so I'd have to cancel order, would I like to do this?
    Yes I would I said.
    Next email, sorry couldn't cancel order, couldn't contact dispatcher. They expected me to pay for a dress that was going to someone else's address because of their mistake!
    I hounded them and finally I had to send it utility bills etc to prove that where I actually live :rolleyes: It took weeks and they eventually refunded my money.
    Customer service was terrible and each time I was in contact with a different rep who told me a different story. Never. Again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

gagiteebo please do not open three year old threads. Locked.

Advertisement