Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is it just me or does the backwards compatability completely suck?

• 14-02-2009 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭

i downloaded the update off xbox.com, burned it on DVD, 360 recognised the disc, everything was seemingly set. however-

Psychonauts didnt load(the game i downloaded the update for) even though i know its on the backwards compatability list

tried Hitman:Blood Money, same result

tried JSRF/Sega GT disc which worked for the game selecion screen but afterwards reverted back to the lousey "check the list" message, same as the last 2.

tried Ninja Gaiden which worked up until i tried a new game, after the inital cut scene, the game stayed stuck on "Now loading".

what the hell is wrong? it aint the console or the game discs and the update seemingly worked. time to email microsoft?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

yea, email them. Or call them, You'll get a quicker answer that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Go to the xbox.com forums. You'll have an answer faster that way, I'd bet on it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My Psychonauts works fine... I'd contact them...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Backwards compatibility is really flakey and stories of some games working on some xboxes and not not on others are very common. Basically MS lied to us about backwards compatibility and wound the whole thing up nearly 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Backwards compatibility is really flakey and stories of some games working on some xboxes and not not on others are very common. Basically MS lied to us about backwards compatibility and wound the whole thing up nearly 2 years ago.

Pretty much, which is to be expected with software emulation.
    Which is why i still kept my xbox 1, thank f*ck!. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Not much help if you're downloading a rare game from the MP though is it??

Advertisement