Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Criticising People on the Soccer Forum

• 14-02-2009 2:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question - on this forum, it appears any personal criticism of a player is forbidden and can lead to a ban, everyone agree?

Similarly, abuse about clubs causes a lot of conflict, especially Man Utd - Liverpool

But people appear to be able to say what they want about John Delaney or the FAI? I think this is totally unacceptable and hypocritical

I am not trying to say the FAI are perfect, but look at the last few pages of the Eircom League thread, it appears to be exempt from the normal rules

(Mods - I know this should probably be in Feedback, but no one reads that other than other mods)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Just a quick question - on this forum, it appears any personal criticism of a player is forbidden and can lead to a ban, everyone agree?

Similarly, abuse about clubs causes a lot of conflict, especially Man Utd - Liverpool

But people appear to be able to say what they want about John Delaney or the FAI? I think this is totally unacceptable and hypocritical

I am not trying to say the FAI are perfect, but look at the last few pages of the Eircom League thread, it appears to be exempt from the normal rules

(Mods - I know this should probably be in Feedback, but no one reads that other than other mods)

you can criticise someone, but you are not allowed abuse or slander them, have a read of the charter.

it's a fine line though and primarily up to the descretion of the mods, but at the end of the day common sense prevails. if you're saying something that might either piss off another group here, or saying something that might lead boards to face slander charges then expect a slap or two in your direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I've gone through the last 60 posts of the LOI thread and edited out the three posts that contained abusive language. Those that did, were pretty decent examples of GY's clarification on the matter in the charter thread.

LOI fans hold a lot of anger at the way their clubs and leagues are being run at present - and with some of the players that have sold them short over the last few years. Imo, a whole lot of it is justified, and as long as reading that thread gives someone an understanding of what is being done wrong and the reasons why people are unhappy, a few instances of bad language will be tolerated.

However, if we descend to posts that are nothing more than John Delaney / Richie Baker / A Nother is a '(insert something nasty here)' then the usual action will be taken.

Finally, if you see a post that you believe breaks the rules - please use the report function. The other mods and I don't get to read every single post on the forum, and we may miss stuff if it isn't brought to our attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The rules on abuse are pretty clear. We do expect contextualizm if you are going to unleash your anger at someone.

This thread *should* be in feedback, I'll leave it open til tomorrow afternoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Delaney deserves abuse imo, it should be encouraged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

OK I think this is answered. Closing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement