Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading system help

Options
  • 14-02-2009 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey guys,am just about to upgrade my machine..i pretty much want to build a new comp from scratch..i was using a dell 9150.which had 500gb sata drive,1900xtx 512mb and 2 gig ddr2 memory..I have a budget of about 1500-2000 max,the new build will be primarily used for gaming so id be looking for something powerfull,as im a bit rusty with current setups is their any chance someone could post up a few specs..cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

1500e is way too much imo, just over 1000e will get you everything including a 24".

jn9s4tvkmf004ojtl80w_thumb.jpg

Most here will tell you to get a Quad, but I think its crazy to give 175e for now dated tech like a Q6600, overclock the dual to 3.0ghz + and you are set.If you feel the need to get a quad, get a used one on ebay/adverts for 100e.

I and many others on this forum buy for hardwareversand all the time.They are great.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/1VckEgp2hbJ4Ad/home.jsp?lid=2

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

thanks for the advice sqaull20.
    looking into ordering the gear on monday morning from hardwareversand
    might just go for the dual e6700 processor though and a 32 monitor :-)

Advertisement