Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog is clingy and trembling a lot

Options
  • 14-02-2009 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

My dog is 12 years old and in the last few months he's gotton very clingy. He keeps following everyone around a lot more than he normally would have. He also starts trembling for no apparent reason. He used to only tremble if he was afraid of something, but this is completely random. There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong with him because if he gets sick or hurt he usually sulks in his bed. He is quite healthy other than this. Anybody have any similar problems with a dog?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Few questions:
    1.Has he had a recent health check
    2.Is he eating normally
    3.Has his sleeping arrangements changed

If ok to all of the above then grand, but a check up at the vets would be the business seeing as hes entering the doggy "twilight" years! Cant shed any light on what you're saying so far sorry!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Breaktown

I can't remember the last time he was at the vet, it would have been for something else. His sleeping arrangements are the same. His eating habits are a bit weird, but he's always been like that.

I guess he should go to the vets again, it's just baffling because it seems more like a behavior thing than something actually wrong with him.

Breaktown wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time he was at the vet
    If thats the case, then its time for a check up! There may be nothing wrong with him but if you're noticing behavioural changes in him it would do no harm. It may be his way of telling you he's not feeling great!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Probably nothing but have the vet check his eyes too. Old dogs sometimes loose their sight.

biko wrote: »
    Probably nothing but have the vet check his eyes too. Old dogs sometimes loose their sight.

Biko...lose not loose..seein as you're the signature police and all ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sigpo, not Spellpo ;)

Yeah, I never get that right

Advertisement