Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lily Allen song- not bad.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

They're not raunchy - they're arrogant, sexist and pathetic!

If a guy wrote or sang those lyrics there would be uproar!

As I said it's all about the values of our culture.

There's more than enough feminist sycophants in the print media and MTV to celebrate Allen's "music" and keep the gravy train running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whatdahack

her albums r deadli ;) especially not big:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    They're not raunchy - they're arrogant, sexist and pathetic!

If a guy wrote or sang those lyrics there would be uproar!

"You never make me scream" :rolleyes: .....Lily, that's because you come across as a complete shallow bitch and I couldn't be arsed!
    Well that's one interpretation but she also sings the guy's praises outside of the bedroom and then when she sings about how disappointing sex is, it seems more like he's sexually selfish rather than sexually inadequate. "I look into your eyes, I want to get to know you" - sounds to me more like a case of no foreplay, just straight to the basics and that's that. As you know, women tend to be more built towards preferring a man to take it a lot more slowly than that. I'm honestly not being an apologist because I appreciate your perspective too, and I have pointed out a number of times how horribly sexist against men various songs, videos, television shows etc are (cue ,8,1 saying "typical of feminists to try and come across as openminded" - the guy doesn't even know what he's ranting about half the time) but e.g. If I Were A Boy is way worse. At the same time though, she could just be singing about a guy who has premature ejaculation issues. And her song, the aforementioned Not Big, is about a guy's... "shortcomings".

But as for your other point: some men have written the equivalent about women - huge chunks of rap/hip-hop anyone? Cue ,8,1 saying the women in those videos want to be treated like dirt by men.
    ,8,1 wrote: »
    As I said it's all about the values of our culture.

There's more than enough feminist sycophants in the print media and MTV to celebrate Allen's "music" and keep the gravy train running.
    ,8,1 wrote: »
    Feminists have no class.
    You're going to have to say WHY you hate women - otherwise you just come across as a ranting, foaming-at-the-mouth misogynist whom pretty much nobody will take seriously. And you'd prefer to be taken seriously wouldn't you?

Advertisement