Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramco the end of an era!!

Options
  • 14-02-2009 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

Just passed my old haunt Tramco an hour ago (saturday morning 1am), and alas the place has shut down, had a look in the window and everthing is covered with white sheets. Sign of the times perhaps, but it never recovered from when it shut down for almost a year about 6 years ago and reopened in is current state. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

I shared many a 'white russian' cocktail with my now husband in that place at 2am on a Friday morning. For some reason every time we'd go there - normally whilst stumbling home from town - we'd drink those particular cocktails. I was convinced the milk in them aided your hangover :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its all down in rody bolands now

its all down in rody bolands now

I remember when that place was Streets, complete with shaky bannister. I enjoyed many an underage beverage in that joint and eyed up all the lads I used to fancy the pants off from Mary's. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Sammag wrote: »
    I remember when that place was Streets, complete with shaky bannister. I enjoyed many an underage beverage in that joint and eyed up all the lads I used to fancy the pants off from Mary's. :p
    What a blast from the past! That was my old stomping ground back in the day. There was another bar where Rathgar Road meets Rathmines Road that we used to frequent (that I can't remember for the life of me) which was the scene of much drunken shenanigans.

dSTAR wrote: »
    What a blast from the past! That was my old stomping ground back in the day. There was another bar where Rathgar Road meets Rathmines Road that we used to frequent (that I can't remember for the life of me) which was the scene of much drunken shenanigans.

The one over on the right (if standing facing up Rathgar Road)? It was just up from Slatterys (loved that pub) which was on the corner?

If so, I am now destined to spend all afternoon trying to find out the name as I can't remember it either...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

That's the one but it was called something else when I used to go there.

Slattery's is a great little place too.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JahreViking

think it used to be Heinz before

think it used to be Heinz before

That's right, that was it!
    I rarely went there - maybe a handful of times and whilst 'Grace's' sounded familiar, I too could have sworn it was called something different...

Rathmines/Rathgar had some good drinking spots. Best of the bunch though had to be Streets and as mentioned above I loved (still do when I'm home) Slatterys but as a female you always felt a bit like a hooker who has hiked her skirt up to her boobs and had no knickers on when you'd walk in there.. just for the initial 2 or so minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 knuck

heybaby wrote: »
    Just passed my old haunt Tramco an hour ago (saturday morning 1am), and alas the place has shut down, had a look in the window and everthing is covered with white sheets. Sign of the times perhaps, but it never recovered from when it shut down for almost a year about 6 years ago and reopened in is current state. :o

Death by Toast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 knuck

Can't say I'm too sad either. Last time I walked past there on the way home some lad was attempting to pick up a construction barrier and throw it at someone. Was pretty funny.

Advertisement