Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roll up Roll up its the FA Cup! Round 5(and Rd4)

• 14-02-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭

SATURDAY
    Swansea v Fulham (12.45pm)
    Away
    Blackburn v Coventry (3pm)
    Home(biased)
    Sheff Utd v Hull (3pm)
    Draw
    West Ham v Middlesbrough (3pm)
    Home
    Watford v Chelsea (5.30pm)
    Away
    SUNDAY
    Everton v Aston Villa (2.30pm)
    Away
    Derby v Man Utd (4.30pm) ----
    Away
    MONDAY
    4th round replay Arsenal v Cardiff (7.45pm)--Home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

COmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssss.

Can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

SATURDAY
    Swansea v Fulham (12.45pm)
    Draw
    Blackburn v Coventry (3pm)
    Away
    Sheff Utd v Hull (3pm)
    Home
    West Ham v Middlesbrough (3pm)
    Draw
    Watford v Chelsea (5.30pm)
    Home
    SUNDAY
    Everton v Aston Villa (2.30pm)
    Home
    Derby v Man Utd (4.30pm)
    Away
    MONDAY

4th round replay Arsenal v Cardiff (7.45pm)--Away (AET) possibly pens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Swansea have just equalised against Fulham, great goal from Jason Scotland. They've torn Fulham apart for the opening 52 minutes. They are playing some amazing football here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Swansea are a great team under Martinez, would be fun seeing then get promoted two seasons running and then playing Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The way they are playing today they would be an asset to the premiership. Anytime ive seen them this season they have been impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

mike65 wrote: »
    Swansea are a great team under Martinez, would be fun seeing then get promoted two seasons running and then playing Liverpool.
    Remember Toshack?

I do! They rose 3 promotions in 4 years then after one good season in the top flight got demoted and fell back to where they started with three relegations in 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Rovers 1-0 up. SantaCruz.

Blades 1 up against Hull.

WestHam 0-1 Boro - Downing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Fulham can count themselves extremely lucky to have survived that tie with Swansea earlier. Swansea played absolutely fantastic football from start to finish.

Rovers 1-2 Coventry - Doyle.

Hammers equalise.

Rovers2-2 Coventry - Samba

So far then 3 games - 3 replays!

edit that should say 4 games 4 replays :doh:

I'm not happy at a number of things, we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Givet scored it, not the Benni offside one.

But our performance was not good in the second half until we went 2-1 behind.

We are still there though, but these replays are not helping us in our quest to get away from relegation.

I don't normally punt on soccer, but I really fancy Chelsea are going to destroy Watford, you know new manager and all the goes with it. Everyone out to impress the new boss. So I'm backing them -2 goals.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't normally punt on soccer, but I really fancy Chelsea are going to destroy Watford, you know new manager and all the goes with it. Everyone out to impress the new boss. So I'm backing them -2 goals.

Like this bet actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

0-0 at half time... Ray Wilkins gonna give them 3 goals' worth of motivation in the dressing room??? Who knows!

Tracy Chapman is playing at RB for Chelsea btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol, gwan Watford :)

• Advertisement

Oh dear... :o Watford score against the run of play!

1-0

Looked miles offside there, but need to see it from another angle

Well Hiddink will not be impressed. 1-0 Watford.

Mikel off, Stoch on

Chelsea showing a bit of heart.

F*ck.... 2-1 to Chelsea

Hiddink may have found his favourite! Both goals for Anelka

Anelka just closed a Watford player in midfield from behind, dispossessed him tough and clean, and passed the ball off to a teammate. I'm in shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Anelka just closed a Watford player in midfield from behind, dispossessed him tough and clean, and passed the ball off to a teammate. I'm in shock.

typo?

stoch and mancienne playing for their youths vs pats on wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Peter Cech, cracking save.

Very close at the death, almost a goal for Watford :(

edit:

HAH, 3-1, hattrick for Anelka, put that in your pipe Drogba :p

• Advertisement

Super save from Cech - then they go right up the other end and Anelka rounds off his hattrick.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    typo?
    No. I swear it actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Balls, we gave em a good go anyway!

Everton 1 - 1 Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

This ref is a disgrace.

That villa penalty was never a penalty. Hibbert tackled him outside the box.

For Evertons goal the defender should've been sent off and then cahill should've had a penalty again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Never a yellow for Petrov

• Advertisement

I'll be surprised if either team finish with 11 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Cahill and Hibbert suspended for the Newcastle game =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

This ref is a disgrace.

For Evertons goal the defender should've been sent off and then cahill should've had a penalty again.

Referee has been absolutely terrible, but Villa's penalty was definitely a penalty. Hibbert started sliding outside the box but the contact was definitely inside and I'd consider him lucky to have only gotten yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

DSB wrote: »
    Referee has been absolutely terrible, but Villa's penalty was definitely a penalty. Hibbert started sliding outside the box but the contact was definitely inside and I'd consider him lucky to have only gotten yellow.

Yeah can't argue with the Villa penalty... 100% right decision.

Everton playing really well though. Big Vic is having a stormer up front. His direct runs are cutting right through the villa back line...

Yeah can't argue with the Villa penalty... 100% right decision.

Everton playing really well though. Big Vic is having a stormer up front. His direct runs are cutting right through the villa back line...

Yeah just saw it again.. It was

Funny how in the spur of the moment we have blue tinted glasses ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

This ref is a disgrace.

Both of them were penalties. I think the only thing that saved sidwell from a red is that Knight was coming in too so he wasn't the last man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

More wisdom from Green.
    1515: "I haven't seen Aston Villa for a while and I've got to say I don't know how they're third in the Premier League if this is the way they've been playing."
    BBC 5 Live commentator Alan Green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im happy enough to go out to everton anyway

ive said it for a long while that the fa cup has to be the least of our concerns at the minute. id like to see everton winning the cup too tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Helix wrote: »
    im happy enough to go out to everton anyway

ive said it for a long while that the fa cup has to be the least of our concerns at the minute. id like to see everton winning the cup too tbh

I'd say a loss here would harm momentum more than the harm a prolonged FA Cup run would cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i wouldnt

worst case scenario here is a draw

losing will do us no harm. zilina and hamburg beating us made no difference to our league form, so i wouldnt be concerned in the slightest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

3-1. bring on the kids and focus on the bigger picture.

RasTa wrote: »
    More wisdom from Green.

Ha ha... Even when Everton are playing well, Alan Green can't focus the positives on Everton.. It has to be that Villa weren't playing well..:rolleyes:

Great win for Everton. They seemed to be the more positive side and more up for it than Villa. Everton were winning most balls in midfield and they seemed to outclass Villa all over the park today.

Villa did have a sustained period of pressure for about 10 mins or so in the second half, where I thought they might get an equaliser, but Everton held out well. Villa's attacking line was quite off-form as well. Carew, Young and Agbonlaghor didn't have that many chances today. When they did they were all pretty well off target. Carew did make Howard pull off a good save from his header, but apart from that Howard didn't have too much work to do.

On the Everton side of things, of course pulling the strings in midfield, Arteta was brilliant. Very impressive game from Rodwell. Looking good for a 17 year old. Gosling put in a good performance as well. Cahill and Anichebe played very well up front. I actually thought that Anichebe probably had his best game for Everton today.

Overall, Everton deserved the win. Hopefully a good home draw in the quarter final now :pac:

Advertisement