Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Upgrade without the UP!

Options
  • 14-02-2009 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

I upgraded to a 3m connection with BT in 2008 (2m upgrade in 2007) - I was disappointed with the performance - did a test yesterday and got a 1.3m results with a 42% efficiency - I can't listen to radio stations.

Phoned BT Technical and they conformed that the Zyxel P660 HW D1 router was not able to cope with the upgrade - YET THEY PROVIDED IT and didn't inform me of this fact.

Called billing to complain - they're denying any responsibility - I want a credit form them.

I'm not technical at all - but do I have a case?

Ardara 1 - Donegal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭jayflame

Hi

The Zyxel P660 HW D1 is compatible with the higher speeds and ADSL2+ as long as the modem has up-to-date software.

http://www.zyxel.com/web/support_download_result.php

Try this link in your browser, save to desktop.
    You will need to log into your modem to install from PC.

Your ISP should be able to assist with this, failing that, there is the knowledge base available on the site too which will help you with anything else.

If the modem is faulty and your ISP provided it, they are obliged to replace it.

Your modem is a pretty good modem and is quite robust for its age.
    I wouldn't to get it replaced unless you know for sure it is faulty.

Be aware also, this modem, by default, has an unsecured wireless network. Meaning anyone in range can connect to it and use your connection FREE!

Be sure to secure it with a wireless encryption. WPA-PSK is best.
    Userguide available on the Zyxel website.

Best of luck:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's more likely that your line can't handle the speed. Are you getting any disconnects, or anything like that?

Advertisement