Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foods you hate

• 14-02-2009 1:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I made butter bean humus last night - there were a few tins of them in the cupboard and theyre a waste of space as I dont like them so take up valuble room. The humus was ok but Im not converted.

I hate spinach with a passion - absolutley disgusting, Id rather lick moss offa rock

Offal....yok...dont even want to think about it/them

Duck eggs curl my stomach for some reason even though I love hen eggs :confused:

Snails - I cant even write about them without wanting to throw up

Vodka - the smell of it makes me ill - not strictly a food I know, but its made the list anyway

Oysters - let this be the last time they are mentioned please - just type O

Monkfish - Ive never tasted it cos its just too ugly to eat. God makes things ugly for a reason and Im not questioning the big guy on this one.

Bananas that have even one speckle of black. I like them under ripe and if they go over then I just wait til they are banana bread ripe.

But most of all, the big crown goes to porridge. Everything about it I hate. Smell, sight, colour....it has not one redeeming feature for me. Except that I can make pancakes out of it and it no longer looks like pooridge. Gak.

Loads more Im sure, but Ive revolted myself enough for now. So what do the food lovers hate? Im thinking about my last meal here too. Havent decided yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Cauliflower, uuuuuuuuuugh i hate that stuff so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm fully afraid of onions - can't even touch them with my cutlery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Pickled onions, beetroot, tomato sauce, prunes, parsnips.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Offal
    Shellfish
    Cauliflower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

And the winner is brussels sprouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I don't HATE any foods, but there are 3 that I dislike: apricots, kiwis and ginger. That's it.

And Porridge is my all time favourite food. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Often have too :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I haven't found a food yet that I dislike.

Shark, god awful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Celery is the devil vegetable. Even the smell of it makes my stomach curdle.

I dislike raw parsley, so I especially hate the people in restaurants who scatter it as a garnish over everything. Bizarrely, I don't mind it once it's been cooked i.e. parsley sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Coleslaw :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Bananas - definitely the most disgusting food ever invented. Even the smell of banana makes me walk fast away from the source of the smell!

• Advertisement

I hate Meat and stuff that pretends to be meat.
    I'm phobic about white pan bread, the smell of it makes me sick.
    Plastic cheese, lycee's aren't high up on my to do list either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

mayonaisse. despise the stuff.
    *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Avocados
    Olives
    Black/White Pudding
    Gammon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bananas and oranges,i do like orange juice tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Brussel sprouts - evil little things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Mushrooms!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Porridge. I can't even at the pot in the sink after porridge has been made in it. Ugh the bits of porridge floating around in the water make me feel sick.

Actually, any sort of cereal in milk. All soggy and horrible. Milk, except in cooking and in hot chocolate.

And mayonnaise. I hate it with a passion.

And strawberries. And apple tart.

i like nearly all food to some degree or another. the only thing that i can think of off the top of my head that i just don't like is...

...marmalade.

maybe i've only ever had cheap, Chivers stuff, but it's fairly rotten. i'm a fairly adventurous eater, and up for trying anything, but marmalade, eugh.

just thought of more - spam, pretty much any meat from a tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Deepsense wrote: »

Monkfish - Ive never tasted it cos its just too ugly to eat.

You might want to reconsider. :)
    It is extremely unlikely that monkfish will ever be described as the most aesthetically pleasing fish in the sea. Also known as anglerfish, it has an extremely distinctive - perhaps even ferocious - appearance. Sadly, this fact alone often puts people off discovering just what a delicious eating experience monkfish can truly provide.

http://www.squidoo.com/healthymonkfishrecipes

MONK fish is undisputedly an ugly creature but you will sure love its taste once you try it.

All parts of the monk fish, except for its lips lined with sharp teeth, can be turned into delicacies ranked among the most treasured at Japanese fine dining restaurants.
    Its skin appeals with chewy texture, its meat is tender and its liver is regarded so heavenly that it is touted the foie gras of the sea.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2009/1/20/central/3038327&sec=central

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Fish and parsnips

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Quote:
    Its skin appeals with chewy texture, its meat is tender and its liver is regarded so heavenly that it is touted the foie gras of the sea

I was eating when I read that. What are you trying to do to me??!:eek:

NONONONONONO! I feel ill. :(

cozmik wrote: »
    You might want to reconsider. :)

I agree, I love an odd bit of monkfish.

John Dory is another ugly Mofo, one of my fav's though.

JOHN-DORY.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Over cooked Roast Beef/ Steak,YUK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Tomato and cucumber. Rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lena on da wall

Any gelatinous foods and liquorice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Oh God liquorice! Can't stand the stuff. It reminds me of sambuca. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Is that John Dory lying on a carpet?

Please, no more pics of ugly fish. It really does turn my stomach. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

janeybabe wrote: »
    Oh God liquorice! Can't stand the stuff. It reminds me of sambuca. :(

Hate liquorice yet LOVE sambuca :D:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

beans - i hate hate hate them.
    beans/ peas/ sweetcorn/ kidney beans bleh
    and mushrooms.

i dislike alot others but i'll never in my life go near a baked bean.

bleh even thinking of beans.

• Advertisement

Deepsense wrote: »
    Is that John Dory lying on a carpet?

Taken from google so I'm not sure. It looks like the non-slip rubber carpeting that you'd find on fishing boats.

Advertisement