Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foods you hate

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I cant stand cows heart and drisheen(cows stomach)Yuch!!!!.My mother used to cook the drisheen in milk,and I dont know which was worse the heart or the drisheen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lundegaard

Feijoada. Kind of a black bean stew. Not nice.

Shark. Okay on the beach, sprayed with lemon and dipped in sauce, but I tried cooking it at home and it was awful.

Tomatoes. Love ketchup and tomato sauce but the actual vegetable in terrible.

Sweetcorn. Evil, full stop.

Olives. Green olives in particular, fecking disgusting.

Most cheeses are fairly gross, weird smell and texture. But the old red chedder is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Lundegaard wrote: »

You sir, should be shot!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I can safely say there is nothing that I either hate, or even strongly dislike eating. There are things I'll choose not to eat if there's an alternative I prefer (who wouldn't) but I'd say I'm pretty much omnivorous. Comes from being a child of the 60's and 70's where the alternative to not eating what was served up to you was going hungry, rather than being pampered to by over-indulgent parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Spuds - i cant stand them

Stew - dear lord why was it invented

and cereal- when it goes all soggy from the milk

all 3 above makes me want to puke.. even thinking of them gives me shudders

Oh and chesseie like the real cheese.. will only eat the likes of easy singles and stuff ! :P

and olives .. the smell off the stands is horrible , dunno how anyone can like them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

emo!! wrote: »
    Spuds - i cant stand them

You live a sad life.

I'll eat pretty much anything. I'll never eat olives if given a choice. Cauliflower will be avoided, if there is other vegetables on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Floury potatoes are disgusting unless they are mashed really smooth with loads of butter and milk. The texture is just wrong.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Lundegaard wrote: »

Tomatoes are a fruit :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Olives are great! They're just an aquired taste. Like anchovies and strong cheese, which are also yum as long as you keep eating them till you like them.
    Every food is great as long as it's fresh and prepared properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Alun wrote: »
    I can safely say there is nothing that I either hate, or even strongly dislike eating. There are things I'll choose not to eat if there's an alternative I prefer (who wouldn't) but I'd say I'm pretty much omnivorous. Comes from being a child of the 60's and 70's where the alternative to not eating what was served up to you was going hungry, rather than being pampered to by over-indulgent parents.

+1 - you ate what you were given, and accepted that some evenings you'd clear your plate with less zeal than other evenings.

Things I'm not crazy about (some of which may come as a surprise):

Steak. Bores me. And I have access to some of the most incredible beef rib-eyes, well-hung, for the barbecue, that you could get anywhere in the world. And it STILL bores me.

Oysters. Just can't do 'em.

Prawn heads on a teppanyaki grill - the leggies make them look like huntsmen spiders. They're the only thing I've said outright 'I can't eat those' in about 20 years, and never even tried them.

Mussells. I steer clear of them because I've had them, prepared badly, too many times.

That's it though. There's no other cut of meat that I won't eat, I'll happily prepare and cook offal (and sometimes quite enjoy its richness in contrast to other textures and flavours in a meal - steak & kidney pie is FTW) and I'll eat any vegetable that's served up to me (though if I'm cooking myself there are some I tend to buy less often).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

I can't eat lamb, goats cheese, goats milk... Anything mutton, lamb, sheep, goat...

I also hate kidneys... Haven't tried livers yet but I have a feeling I won't be in love with them neither... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

There are only two foodstuffs that I absolutely can't abide: tomatoes and mayonnaise.

This is an utter pain when I'm in a ruch and would like a pre-packaged sandwich or roll. Good luck finding any without either of those two ingredients!

I do find sun-dried tomatoes alright, though. The more sun-driedish they are, the more palatable they become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Melange wrote: »
    There are only two foodstuffs that I absolutely can't abide: tomatoes and mayonnaise.

This is an utter pain when I'm in a ruch and would like a pre-packaged sandwich or roll. Good luck finding any without either of those two ingredients!

I do find sun-dried tomatoes alright, though. The more sun-driedish they are, the more palatable they become.

that makes sense, the tomatoes sold in ireland are actually awful.
    Usually good tomatoes are a lot sweeter and less sour than the ones sold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Colslaw...... I find this country ( Ireland ) has an obsession with it, it's on everything even on chips for gods sake !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 polipo

Only three things: cooked oranges, chicory and the almondy flavour of marzipan (almonds themselves are fine though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

polipo wrote: »
    the almondy flavour of marzipan (almonds themselves are fine though)

I know what you mean. ;)

Advertisement