Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would your last meal be?

• 14-02-2009 1:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Its Saturday morning and Im watching all the cookery shows on tv. Ive been mulling over my last meal and am still torn.

I would have foie gras for starters - a big lump of it. On toasted sour dough bread...thinly sliced. No standing on ceremony, just lob it on and give it here.

For main course - somthing prawny I think. Im still undecided. Or maybe lobster. Ill get back to this.

And dessert would be a McDonalds strawberry milkshake.

And kimberlys. (Representin' culchie):pac:

And you? What would Sir/Madam like before I hook you up to the fuzz chair?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I just had bacon and egg on toast :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Oh, this is a tough one.

Starter - hmm. I love oysters, prawns and mussels, but I think I would like the crab creme brulee that they serve in Balzac's (Dawson Street). It's simply divine. Either that or a really good chicken liver parfait.

Mains - Prawns and a thai coconut-based curry. Or maybe a rack of lamb, cooked pink.

The dessert would definitely have to include strawberries. Maybe just a simple strawberry fool. Accompanied by a glass of dessert wine.

All washed down with a really good short espresso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Beans and chicken stirfry leftovers in a bowl with toast

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Deepsense, I edited your thread title to make it clearer that you're talking about final meal in a lifetime, not what people ate last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rofl! :p

Last meal ever? Who cares! So it'll still be beans and chicken stirfry leftovers in a bowl with toast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

For starter, potted crab served with the claws in a garlic butter foam. With warm brown bread.

For mains: Surf and turf, with monkfish and rare kobe beef as the constituent parts. With a side of really really good chips.

For desert: Strawberries and ice-cream.

To finish: A couple of ciggies and a pint of world class ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

wow alot here already thought about it
    not planning anything are you..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I dont intend having a massive coronary brought on by eating to much junk food ,not before going to the chair anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

Starters: Mighty Mac
    Dinner: Mighty Mac and large fries
    Dessert: Mighty Mac, large fries and Ben and Jerrys
    Drink: Vodka with a straw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Well considering that after you die, you tend to lose bowel control, i'd first make sure i'm surrounded by all the people i've never liked....

....Then i'd have a massive plate of beef stroganoff, with beans, and cabbage, and 2 pints of guinness, and 5 cups of coffee, and a large bag of prunes. And a wafer thin mint.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Don't like the thought of final meal, but my favourite all-time meal of all time (did I mention it was of all time?) would be:

Starters: Roast stuffed quail with a chestnut gravy (don't like walnut for anyone that finds that starter sounds familiar...)

Main: OH's roast duck (cooked for 6 hours), homemade plum sauce and his gratin potatoes and garlic veg

Dessert: Marks n Spencers Chocolate puds and Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice-cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mcerc

me mammys lasagne, full tray. Mc Donalds Choclate milkshake and one of those doughnuts u get on o'connell st for dessert

Advertisement