Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone see that funneral in the docks just there?

Options
  • 14-02-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

there was a very unusual funneral walk just there, a small gathering of people clapping and singing a (i presume) african song, with men wearing army outfits, walking behind an empty herse. just wondering if anyone knows anything about it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    there was a very unusual funneral walk just there, a small gathering of people clapping and singing a (i presume) african song, with men wearing army outfits, walking behind an empty herse. just wondering if anyone knows anything about it??

Odd! What time was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

12.45, was odd but interesting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

foxy_19-89 wrote: »

Dress rehearsal?

Or, wait for it...wait for it...

Dress reHERSEal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Maybe they were burying their sanity, hope and dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Dress rehearsal?

Or, wait for it...wait for it...

Dress reHERSEal
    *groan*

Is it only me or were the army peoples wearing red woolly hats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hearses - putting the fun in funneral since 1902.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

biko wrote: »
    Hearses - putting the fun in funneral since 1902.

Whats a funneral?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A wrongly spelt version of funeral or retarded version of funnel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

jenno86 wrote: »
    Whats a funneral?!
    Here you go :D

I saw this as well. Very strange. Following after them were about 20 or so cars with the emergency lights flashing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ceartgoleor

Yeah saw this, totally weird!! Traffic was held up behind it for pretty much the next two hours as a result!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

by any chance were they all black?

Becuase it could be a tribal/traditional west african funeral.

The army uniforms might suggest that the person who died was in the military at some stage.

Not the most clev people on here are ye lads?

p.s. I herd you liek mudkipz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

It wasn't related to Archbishop Tutu's visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Funeral of a 47 year old mother of three who died suddenly, a member of the Congolese Community.

Picture also with more info on page 11 of today's Sentinel paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Steyr wrote: »
    Picture also with more info on page 11 of today's Sentinel paper.

Saw that too. A tasty pot of jam for the first person who notices the most out of place person in that picture.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Saw that too. A tasty pot of jam for the first person who notices the most out of place person in that picture.
    The skinny white chap with his beret at a jaunty angle, looking like he'd been rejected by the FCA for psychological reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Where were the Garda were when this was on, is it not illegal to wear foreign Army uniforms in this Country without permission which I am sure they did not have. Anyone know what are the legal issues about Army uniforms.

You certainly would not parade around the Congo in an Irish Army uniform.

Just wondering ????????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Robbo wrote: »
    The skinny white chap with his beret at a jaunty angle, looking like he'd been rejected by the FCA for psychological reasons?

Exactly! He looks like the really religous guy of the gang, always on edge, ready to snap at any second. I bet his gang alias is milky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Where were the Garda were when this was on, is it not illegal to wear foreign Army uniforms in this Country without permission which I am sure they did not have. Anyone know what are the legal issues about Army uniforms.

Just wondering ????????

eh, get over it tbvfh.

Are you the type of person who sits at your window all day looking for something to moan about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

They may have been decomissioned Uniforms such as the British/American/German/Any foreign DPM ( Disrupted Pattern Material ) you can get in a Army/Navy store also its illegal for anybody not serving in the Irish DF to wear the Current Irish Uniform but is ok to wear the old decomissioned Uniform.

Statutory provisions about the wearing of, and dealing in, Irish DPM are clear and unequivocal. They are to be found in the Defence Act 1954, sections 260/264/265 and quite simply forbid expressly:

* wearing Irish DPM outside of Irish Army context or matters
    * dealing in Irish DPM ("dealing in" = selling/buying; not the least because Irish DPM is never the seller's to sell in the first place, whereby both a seller and a buyer could realistically be prosecuted for dealing in stolen goods, as in 'stolen from the State')

Well the Irish Army did so when on Overseas Deployment!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

ok, I've been waiting for someone else to ask but since they havent, here goes:
    Why was the hearse empty???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Making fun of a funeral.Classy.

Advertisement