Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB - Netgear Modem HELP!

Options
  • 14-02-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I bought a new Netgear Modem (DGN2000) (see link below) for our Eircom BB. The guy in PC World told me it would work with with Eircom.

So, I have the standard Eircom Wireless Router and the new one plugged in. When I put the wire into the new modem, the DSL light stays flashing (never solid), but when I put the wire back in the Eircom one, it goes solid.

Is there a problem with the router?
    Will the modem even work?

Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WirelessNRoutersandGateways/DGN2000.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Have you tried pressing the N button to see if it establishes a connection? Was there a particular reason you bought it considering you already have an eircom wireless router? It sounds like it has something I need on my router that mine doesn't have if you want to do a swap for one that should work no problem and leave the stress of figuring yours out to me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I bought a new Netgear Modem (DGN2000) (see link below) for our Eircom BB. The guy in PC World told me it would work with with Eircom.

So, I have the standard Eircom Wireless Router and the new one plugged in. When I put the wire into the new modem, the DSL light stays flashing (never solid), but when I put the wire back in the Eircom one, it goes solid.

Is there a problem with the router?
    Will the modem even work?

Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WirelessNRoutersandGateways/DGN2000.aspx

Have you entered the settings for eircom?

Basic modem settings:
    Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Primary DNS: 213.94.190.194
    Secondary DNS: 213.94.190.236

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭firebug_guy

I have entered all the settings from the Eircom website

I bought it to extend the range of the standard Eircom one, as we move the PC from the room above the router to another room. The connection bars were very poor and sometimes it breaks off.

I went into PC World looking for a wireless repeater but he recommended this

Advertisement