Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exact same price - which would you pick Garmin Nuvi 200W or Tomtom One v3?

Options
  • 14-02-2009 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi there - looking for a cheap and cheerful Sat Nav for car. Came across these 2 for same price:
    1)Garmin Nuvi 200W UK & Ireland
    2) TomtomOne GB & Ireland Classic v3

I will be using this mainly in Ireland and possibly in the UK, but Irish use is my primary interest right now. I've used / seen both sorts in the past and know they have benefits when compared to each other. But at the same price, for me it really boils down to which people think provide the better and more accurate mapping.

If you had to pick between these 2, at the one price which would you go for and why?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

gc2006 wrote: »
    Hi there - looking for a cheap and cheerful Sat Nav for car. Came across these 2 for same price:
    1)Garmin Nuvi 200W UK & Ireland
    2) TomtomOne GB & Ireland Classic v3

I will be using this mainly in Ireland and possibly in the UK, but Irish use is my primary interest right now. I've used / seen both sorts in the past and know they have benefits when compared to each other. But at the same price, for me it really boils down to which people think provide the better and more accurate mapping.

If you had to pick between these 2, at the one price which would you go for and why?

Thanks!

Some of the answers you require may be here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 gc2006

thanks for that - read that article, understand a lot more about the science behind it now thanks, but really triyng to get peoples feel on it more so. Like which do people think provide more accurate mapping in Ireland - I've been led to believe it's Garmin and just wanted to check this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 gc2006

went for the garmin - let you know how it goes!

Advertisement