Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a wepcode on netgear router.

Options
  • 14-02-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello i moved into a house and there is wireless internet connection but I can get onto it. The router is netgear its a white thing and NTL is the provider.
    I don't have a laptop or pc there I only have a psp.
    When I got to scan for divicies it says the router has a wepcode. None of the lads in the house use it.
    any idea's how to get it?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Plug wrote: »
    Hello i moved into a house and there is wireless internet connection but I can get onto it. The router is netgear its a white thing and NTL is the provider.
    I don't have a laptop or pc there I only have a psp.
    When I got to scan for divicies it says the router has a wepcode. None of the lads in the house use it.
    any idea's how to get it?

You will have to borrow a laptop or bring the router to a friend's house who has a pc or laptop. You can access the router by entering http:/192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 it may ask you for a sign in and password usually these are admin and password respectively. You will then be able to access the router settings and you should be able to find out what the wireless password is.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

If yo uhave a Look at the bottom of the router thier'll be a map of what each Ethernet port is and a section marked "Default access" that'll give you the IP address to enter into IE or firefox, and the username & password,

once your in on the left hand side their should be a section marked "wireless settings" you'll get your WEP key in there

Advertisement