Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And now for something completely different...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hang on... we've turned into the Rockabilly & Metal forum now?!
    On a more serious note KH, You should check out Dead Men Walking if you can find any of their stuff as they've since dissolved, I've already mentioned these guys before but Slim Jim Phantom from the Strays was part of em. They did mostly covers of their respective bands songs, and it was more like 4 mates just having a good time in a studio. But definitely worth the listen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Hang on... we've turned into the Rockabilly & Metal forum now?!

Yes. If it fits under the umbrella terms of rock, it's welcome here. Didn't really want to post a thread about anything in particular, just something a bit different from the usual, you know? So yeah, post something that isn't usually posted here.

Not really much of a Rockabilly guy, but I think Brian Setzer is a class guitarist. Here he is with Tomoyasu Hotei:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh, and speaking of something completely different... Anyone like a bit of Skinny Puppy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Oh, and speaking of something completely different... Anyone like a bit of Skinny Puppy?

Whatever about the other two, I think I'll be having a look into some more Skinny Puppy, never really paid them much attention before. Any particular album recommendation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Yes. If it fits under the umbrella terms of rock, it's welcome here. Didn't really want to post a thread about anything in particular, just something a bit different from the usual, you know? So yeah, post something that isn't usually posted here.

Not really much of a Rockabilly guy, but I think Brian Setzer is a class guitarist. Here he is with Tomoyasu Hotei:

Ah i hear ya, i wasn't bitching or anything, was just making a lighthearted joke as i know a Rockabilly thread was started in the general music forum about a week ago. ;)

Setzer is a great guitarist too, but the Brian Setzer Orchestra stuff should be strongly recommended to avoid... like the bubonic plague.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hmm, don't think I've seen any Trans-Siberian Orchestra around here, absolutley magical stuff, although their fixation on Christmas can get annoying :p

Should qualify as different anyway :)

Poor quality video but the sound is grand

And of course the video that made them famous

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnnystress

My band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Advertisement