Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Them footballers are smart!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Seaneh wrote: »

What a legend! :D
    That website is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

raffa benitez is a world class pupateer also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Adebayor can speak English.....you wouldn't think it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

ibh wrote: »
    I seem to remember Brian McClair having a degree in something or other.

McClair has a degree in Maths as far as I remember, he had wanted to become a Maths teacher on retirement from football but I guess being a coach at United is a better gig! It says on his wiki that he is also a qualified accountant.
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Theres no excuse for younger footballs not to be studying atleast part time, they only bloody work for 4 hours a day.

Quite true, they have bundles of spare time, but as someone else said there is little incentive for premier league players to get a qualification with the huge money they earn (also applies to many championship players on good money).

But players in the lower leagues should be encouraged to study during their playing days as unlike prem lge players they are not set up for life when they retire from football. You wonder if the clubs actually care enough about players future welfare to encourage this though? Are there any league 1/2 clubs (or even lesser championship clubs) who actively encourage education for players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

sure even league 1 or 2 players would be on good money compared to the average british wage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Helix wrote: »
    the chaps meant to be an absolute legend

My fav Moritz Volz story (can't remember where I read it) is the one where he was just back in London a few days before pre - season training at Fulham started and he agreed to accompany a mate of his to a five - a - side astro game. Apparently, Moritz had piled on the pounds during the summer break and didn't look like a professional athlete. Anyway, the game passed off without too much incident. The next time his mate went to play, the other lads were commenting on how his 'German Student mate' was a handy enough player, and would he be playing again anytime soon. And they were pretty shocked to hear that, no - he wouldn't have the time considering his commitments as a full - time player at Fulham FC. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

www.voltzy.com is my new favourite website. That song is amazing! Mp3 anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Joey Barton - PHd in Thugonomics???

....weak

Advertisement