Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog scared of bicycles

Options
  • 14-02-2009 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi guys,

We got our dog from the DSPCA about three weeks ago now, he's a 2-year-old bearded collie (with something else in the mix as well!). He seemed to be settling in well, not too many accidents etc.

However, i took him for a walk yesterday through an enclosed park, and we came across a man on a bicycle cycling fairly fast. As soon as the dog saw him he turned and bolted. Eventually i caught up with him at the gate (which thankfully was closed), put him back on the lead and brought him home. When we were walking home he was dragging me, trying to pull away with his head and tail down, and looking back every 2-3 seconds and very wary of any other people/cars etc. He was the same when I brought him out last night, and again this morning.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? He was doing really well, and now its a real strain to try and bring him for a walk. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Q

Advertisement