Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman and his 36 months interest free offer...

Options
  • 14-02-2009 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a hypothetical question here.

Say if you decided to avail of the above shouted offer for some mid to big ticket items, to the tune of about €2-3000 and HN were to go into liquidation or pull out of Ireland.

Would the new owners/receivers or the parent company back in Oz be in position to demand the balance owed or would they be obliged to keep the terms of the original transaction?

Mods if this is more suited in the different forum please fell free to move/castigate as appropriate.

Regards,
    R.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

My guess is they would sell the debts on to a collection agency so you would still be chased up for the money

They couldn't demand the rest of the balance to the best of my knowledge. You'd be signed into a contract for 36 months, so regardless of what they decide to do, you'll be paying it over 36 months.

I could be wrong now, so i'd advise reading through their contract, but i reckon that'd be the way it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hi guys,

thanks for the responses. It's all hypothetical at this stage, and I don't have a contract to hand to go through (must check their web site for myself).

***EDIT Site is bereft of useful information. EDIT***

The way I see it is the contract would be with HN, if someone new arrives on the scene the original contract is no longer applicable so it would be up to them to make a new one with you.

By the way I'm not planning on getting a load of stuff, hoping they go out of business and then getting it all for half nothing.

The only reason I am posting is that I don't want to be in a position six months down the line when HN gets taken over and I get a knock on the door from someone looking for €2000 in one go.

Cheers once more.
    R.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its a finance deal. You dont have a loan with HN it's with a finance company so HN going belly up wont affect your dealings with the finance company.

It's not a "He" btw. Harvey Norman is a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

The finance will be made between you and Creations Finance (The Cowboys). If I were you, google Creations and you learn alot about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Stekelly wrote: »
    Its a finance deal. You dont have a loan with HN it's with a finance company so HN going belly up wont affect your dealings with the finance company.

It's not a "He" btw. Harvey Norman is a company.

A friend of mine works there and has at least a dozen people demanding an apology from Harvey himself over something that has gone wrong, they may as well expect a letter from Col Sanders or Ronald McDonald:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

krudler wrote: »
    A friend of mine works there and has at least a dozen people demanding an apology from Harvey himself over something that has gone wrong, they may as well expect a letter from Col Sanders or Ronald McDonald:D

unlike col sanders or ronald , the ceo of harvey norman is gerry HARVEY ,now we just have to look up the cro to see which partner has a surname norman-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

knighted_1 wrote: »
    unlike col sanders or ronald , the ceo of harvey norman is gerry HARVEY ,now we just have to look up the cro to see which partner has a surname norman-

Gerry Harvey and Ian Norman opened up Harvey Normans in the 60's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Like others have said, the Finance deal is with a separate Finance company, so what happens to HN wouldn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gerry Harvey and Ian Norman opened up Harvey Normans in the 60's :D

Still no guy called Harvey Norman is there:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 stella09

yes do not get involved with Creation consumer Finance for your own sake!

Advertisement