Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keith Fahey Scores

• 14-02-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Just scored on his full debut for Birmingham vs Forrest.

Good goal too by all accounts.

Are you watching Trap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Considering Andy Reid doesn't even make the Irish squad, I don't hold out any hope for Fahey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Considering Andy Reid doesn't even make the Irish squad, I don't hold out any hope for Fahey.

I don't agree. Andy Reid doesn't play because he's a fat mess who is too lazy to lose to weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Reid's blood boils when people question his fitness and effort. His weight is a different issue but we're all different and he obviously can't lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't agree. Andy Reid doesn't play because he's a fat mess who is too lazy to lose to weight.

Andy Reid is not a 'fat mess'. This has been done many, many times before on here. I don't fully understand it, because he certainly doesn't look like an archetypal professional footballer - but he clearly has the necessary stamina to get around the pitch. The problem is not fitness, just that he isn't the most fluid of athletes.

And relative to the rest of the world, he wouldn't be considered out of shape or overweight.

• Advertisement

For a fat mess, he seems to be well capable of playing 90 minutes at the highest level in England, in one of the most physically demanding leagues in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Andy Reid is not a 'fat mess'. This has been done many, many times before on here. I don't fully understand it, because he certainly doesn't look like an archetypal professional footballer - but he clearly has the necessary stamina to get around the pitch. The problem is not fitness, just that he isn't the most fluid of athletes.

And relative to the rest of the world, he wouldn't be considered out of shape or overweight.

Well I understand he's not fat based on the our standard, but he is for premiership football.

And he does struggle on the pitch, quite clearly at times.

Also, how can you say obviously can't lose the weight? He was looking in shape for a few years there at Notts Forest etc.

Then you'd have incredibly fit rugby players who would probably be officially obese. :)
    Also, how can you say obviously can't lose the weight? He was looking in shape for a few years there at Notts Forest etc.
    Because he's had a lot of managers now since Forest who have no problems with him.

Anyway, Fahey...

Like here you mean?

http://www.jamd.com/image/g/51713662

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eirebhoy wrote: »

Anyway, Fahey...

We know hes a Fahey but he does try to lose weight. Dont think trap likes him personally and wont play him.

Keith Fahey may get a chance if theres a US cup on this summer or next to blood in players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fahey definitely doesnt need to lose weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Well done to Keith. I don't think weight issues are necessarily brought up in the same thread as Fahey usually :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Typical. Another innocent thread ambushed by the EPL is better than LoI brigade. :p

Well done Keith Fahey. Soon even Bill O'Herlihy will know your name.

Agreed, no more Reid talk.

Anyone have a video of the goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fair play Fats!

Heard it was a great goal :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

For somebody that was playing last season at such a bog standard level where every single team plays hoofball, he's doing a good initial impression of somebody who can cut it at championship level. Doyle can give him lessons on how to keep on fooling everybody.

Great news. Hope he keeps doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Good to hear he's doing well. I think his career can only go up from here and i hope it does. Maybe Trap might finally take an interest.

The only negative thing is we'll probably see more English clubs looking for the next Keith Fahey trying to sign the better talent in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

good stuff keitho, keep it going. be great to see you in south africa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Do they show these matches on Match Of The Day or what?

Goals/highlights usually on ITV Sunday mornings.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Goals/highlights usually on ITV Sunday mornings.

And the championship gets decent coverage on Sky. A few live games + comprehensive weekly highlights package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

highlights are on early though. talkin 9 or 10 in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolutely delighted for Fats!! It was a pleasure watching him last season. Great to see him doing well. Even playing for Pat's, i thought he was good enough to be in the Irish squad. But he won't get in under Trappatoni. He's not his type of player.
    He's only 25 though so he has plenty of time to break through.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted for Fats!! It was a pleasure watching him last season. Great to see him doing well. Even playing for Pat's, i thought he was good enough to be in the Irish squad. But he won't get in under Trappatoni. He's not his type of player.
    He's only 25 though so he has plenty of time to break through.

Fats played on the left wing today.

Think he would suit ireland quite well, considering his delivery. Imagine a wide player who can cross playing for ireland :eek: :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fats played on the left wing today.

Think he would suit ireland quite well, considering his delivery. Imagine a wide player who can cross playing for ireland :eek: :D

I was wondering if he was playing out there alright. I usually check the Birmingham line up beforehand to see if he's starting and i noticed that both Carsley and Bowyer were starting as well.
    I rather he played in the centre, but any game time is great!

I was wondering if he was playing out there alright. I usually check the Birmingham line up beforehand to see if he's starting and i noticed that both Carsley and Bowyer were starting as well.
    I rather he played in the centre, but any game time is great!

Quite a midfield at that level.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Quite a midfield at that level.

Its a battling midfield for that level. Have to kick your way out of that league and Fahey ehhh isnt the type of player to do that. He played 5 in the middle last week to try fit them all in.

Its game time 5 more games and if they get promoted, we get another 300k :D

Sweet, just checked the table, we get a nice payday if Wolves get promoted this season, looking good.

Its a battling midfield for that level. Have to kick your way out of that league and Fahey ehhh isnt the type of player to do that. He played 5 in the middle last week to try fit them all in.

Actually, what was the fee that Birmingham paid without clauses. Did Pat's get 300 grand straight out before add ons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Post of the year.

Me hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Still no videos of this?

101Greatgoals letting me down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

The only negative thing is we'll probably see more English clubs looking for the next Keith Fahey trying to sign the better talent in the league.

I wouldn't look at that as necessarily a negative thing, young Irish footballers feeling they've a chance to make it in England without legging it over at the age of 12 is no bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Saw it this morning on Sky...special goal:) Quick one-two on left wing, ventured into the box, then from a tight enough angle scooped it over the helpless goalie straight into the far top corner.

The only other goal I've seen in english football this season that comes close to it's quality was Robinhos lob v Arsenal a few months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

There's debate over whether he meant it or not.

Good to see, hopefully he doesn't become a one goal wonder like Jason Byrne :o

Keith Fahey's first goal for the club wrapped up the points 15 minutes from time.

The Irishman burst down the left and chipped the ball over Smith and into the far corner, although he later admitted it was intended as a cross.
    http://www.itv.com/Sport/Football/News/Championship/Generalnews/McLeish-keeps-it-in-perspective-492885866.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

DSB wrote: »
    I wouldn't look at that as necessarily a negative thing, young Irish footballers feeling they've a chance to make it in England without legging it over at the age of 12 is no bad thing.

I definately agree with you there, but from a fans point of view it's not nice seeing your teams best player leave. Its always a bit dissappointing to lose a great player.

But it is good that young players might see the league as a viable alternative to leaving for England at a young age.

Actually, what was the fee that Birmingham paid without clauses. Did Pat's get 300 grand straight out before add ons?

300k up front , further 300kish if they get promoted and he plays in 60% of the games.

Someone posted on our forum that from when he was available to play (jan 1st ) to end of season there was 22 games for them. Hes played in 6 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Anyone have a video of the goal?

Get it while it's hot!

Sweet little chip wheter it was meant to be a shot or not.

Great goal.

Think he meant it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

stovelid wrote: »
    Great goal.

Think he meant it myself.

he said it was a cross. as mentioned in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Just scored on his full debut for Birmingham vs Forrest

Think he started before this game, was reading on one site that he has 6 apps and 2 were from the start.

But hey who cares, great to see him scoring. Hopefully he'll keep the performances up!

he said it was a cross. as mentioned in this thread.

Phew.

He's a hoofball merchant after all. Was worried for a minute.

I'd say it was one of those "just throw it at the back post" balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

As good as it was, he hardly meant it. The way he shaped himself up as he struck it didn't seem to indicate he was going for goal.

As good as it was, he hardly meant it. The way he shaped himself up as he struck it didn't seem to indicate he was going for goal.

On the contrary, I don't think it could look more like he meant.
    The fact that he apparently told the press he didn't mean, is the only reason I think otherwise.

dyl10 wrote: »
    On the contrary, I don't think it could look more like he meant.
    The fact that he apparently told the press he didn't mean, is the only reason I think otherwise.
    Hes a ****in eejit for saying he didnt mean it, Ill tell him that next time I see him. The little bollix would have claimed he meant it when we played ball in the park as kids sure enough.

Advertisement