Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound engineering..........?

Options
  • 14-02-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Is this a good or bad job..........

does anyboby have any advise or comments about this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

nobody...................no

thanks...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Its probably a great job, but getting an actual sound engineering job is really hard, known a few people who done sound engineering and only one of them actually got a job in it(and that was just a few odd jobs here and there). Getting work is not what you know but who you know. You have to be brillant at networking and getting yourself well known among sound engineers and general music industry people in order to hear about jobs going. You'll probably have a great time doing the course but job prospects are pretty slim at the end of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

the sound engineering course in athlone also covers a business aspect of it, sound engineering is everything from circuitry in amps, speakers on desktops to televisions, as well as musicially orientated effects, such as foot pedals, and how they're built etc etc.

the business aspect covers all of the above in industry enviornments. so its safe to say that there would always be demand for employment in various areas, its more than just sound engineering you're doing, theres a lot of focus on electrical engineering.

hope that helps.

tanks for the info...
    i just saw that i would be a qualified sound engineer after my multimedia degree and i wanted to see if it was anygood..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

couldnt hurt, you could find the ins and outs of the industry you're basing you're career on, and of course, more job prospects and such

Advertisement