Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Make Suggestions to Improve a Web Developer Job Description.

Options
  • 14-02-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

This is my first time to recruit a web developer and I'd greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions you have on this job description, that would increase my chances of finding the right person.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It's not great. It's a little bit unfocused. You say you want someone part time but it might be full-time later. That's going to rule out a lot of people.

Not many people who are really good are going to want that. There are freelancers who charge by the job and can work on projects for you, even on a retainer and there's people who are looking for full-time employment or a change of job. I'd try target one group or the other as it'll be hard to find someone good who's in between those things.

Finally, I'd ditch the bit about web design and just focus on getting a good developer who can work with design templates as you mention in the end. A lot of good developers will be turned off by companies who are looking for a design & developer in one, and most people who claim to do both are terrible. Most of the time it makes more financial sense to hire & developer and a designer because they both work much faster and to a higher quality in their respective fields.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

Thanks for your helpful reply P.
    p wrote: »
    ...You say you want someone part time but it might be full-time later. That's going to rule out a lot of people...

I didn't intend to suggest that it might be full-time later. I said that it has the potential to be a permanent position. Does that cause confusion?
    p wrote: »
    ..I'd ditch the bit about web design and just focus on getting a good developer who can work with design templates as you mention in the end...

Ditched, thanks for the suggestion.

I'd welcome any further opinions or suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Henri wrote: »
    I didn't intend to suggest that it might be full-time later. I said that it has the potential to be a permanent position. Does that cause confusion?
    For me it did. That makes sense now. I'd try re word it slightly, what you're saying is more appealing.

Good luck with the hunt! :)

Advertisement