Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20+ y-olds, the luckiest generation of a gamers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

They dont make games like the used to thats for sure, looking back over systems ive owned in the passed. I used to purchase alot more games than i do now.

Seems to me after the Dreamcast console all creativity and originality went out the window for all later consoles. All games now are the same old boring sequels or reinventions of games from its prior platform.

I used to have to swap games around or rent them when i was younger as i couldn't afford to buy games as easily as i could now. I had to wait for birthdays or Chrimbo's to stock up on games, heck i remember getting Super Mario bros 2 with my communion money, Good times!

And when i had my Playstation my income was a little better and i had like over 100 games for it and loved pretty much all of them..

Now i look at the games for consoles and i couldn't pick a handful of games to even warrant paying the silly price for the consoles these days. Although i was tempted yesterday to buy the PS3, but thats only because i seen that they are releasing the old sega classics on it soon. Like 40 old games from sega on one disc :D Such as Streets of rage 1,2 and 3, all sonics, alex the kids, echo the dolphin etc... Damn so tempting and an emulator just isnt the same, i might just pick one up.. Atleast i get a blue ray player right ? :D

I find i can only play online pc games these days, i find pc games are the only platform that can still cater for my gaming needs :D

So yes we are lucky to have grown up playing all those awesome games, just a shame they dont hit the same game playing standards these days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Fionnanc

i.m 29 and wish we had the totalwar games when i was a kid.
    I do miss all the great flight simulators from my younger days. Il2 sturmovik is 8 years old now

Advertisement