Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yep, another Nikon lense question?

• 14-02-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Going to a Formula One race this summer, looking for an "all-rounder" lense, decent zoom but under a foot long! I have a Nikon 18-55 DX VR 3.5-5.6 and a Sigma 28-200mm DG which has given me some great results.
    Any recommemdations within a €300 budget????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Sigma 70-300 APO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

a second hand 70-300VR should fit your budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

+1 to the nikon 70-300vr, superb optics, image stabilization and within range if you look well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks guys, I had a look at the Nikon 70-300 VR late last year, but dropped the idea.
    Time to have another look! Appreciate the replies.

BTW - before I start the hunt, anyone here got one for sale?
    No harm in asking eh?

They come up from time to time on Adverts.ie or, failing that, try ebay. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, see one on adverts atm, just checking with the seller to see if it's sold.
    Don't like buying camera gear on eBay, unless it's relatively close to me so I can view it first. Haven't had a bad deal from adverts yet, so that's my first choice.

I've had no problems with ebay ...bought a 18-70mm and a 50mm F1.8 recently without issue.
    You'll love the 70-300VR.......if you are running a cropped sensor camera you'll have a range equivalent to ~450mm.

Going to be taking a D300 with me.
    Thanks for the advice, don't seem to hear a bad word said about the 70-300VR. Decision made. No real rush though, not going until May, so early April will do (need some prictice!).

Advertisement