Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Things You've made in CAD

Options
  • 14-02-2009 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Made this in Proengineer Wildfire as a project in Uni. All mechanisms work and it goes like a trooper!

0657352_rear_left.jpg

0657352_front_left.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

c'mon, surley some of ye must have made something half decent?!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

ah, only work in 2D here, i doubt people would be as impressed by my fantastic plans or RC detailing...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,923 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Made this in Proengineer Wildfire as a project in Uni. All mechanisms work and it goes like a trooper!

0657352_rear_left.jpg

0657352_front_left.jpg
    Thats well impressive SIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

c'mon, surley some of ye must have made something half decent?!
    Damn you engineers and your fancy projects. :p

That is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

My favourite design would have to be this polished Cast Iron front frame I designed years ago at work.

Alot of surfacing work. This picture doesnt do it justice as there are alot of curved funky surfaces.

• Advertisement

What programme did ye both use to generate these pictures.

What programme did ye both use to generate these pictures.

I used Pro Engineer Wildfire for the CAD work. I have no need for photoshop work in my field so that is a simple JPEG of the 3D model...

:confused: I think we've discovered a dual account have we silenceiabliss?

:confused: I think we've discovered a dual account have we silenceiabliss?

:confused:

thewools wrote: »
    :confused:

Silenceisbliss posted a reply to this thread under a different screen name (accidentally I presume) but deleted it before anyone seen it. He wouldn't have been spotted at all if it wasn't for those pesky emails.

It's not against any rules on boards so I guess we should just leave it at that so ;)

• Advertisement

oh righty so, anywho I used wildfire 3.0 also. legend of a program!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Im quite proud of these:
    julygg5.jpg
    closeupas4.jpg
    013dlondoneyefu1.jpg
    Done for a 2nd year college project, it was a real eye opener to what can be achieved with 3D cad, learned a lot doing this project.

Nothing great compared to the op's work, really nice!

jozi wrote: »
    Im quite proud of these:

Done for a 2nd year college project, it was a real eye opener to what can be achieved with 3D cad, learned a lot doing this project.

I've just realized I know nothing about CAD! Very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Topclass pics, very impressive..... and I was so happy this week with my latest Sketchup7 model!:D

Thats very cool Jozi!, nice and elegant looking, I love how the program rendered the glass!

RKQ wrote: »
    Topclass pics, very impressive..... and I was so happy this week with my latest Sketchup7 model!:D

lol, and I was havin fun with my new FEA toy thinking all the colours were so pretty :D

Capture-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

Im quite proud of these:

Show off!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Impressive stuff, the surface texturing really makes the difference. I never learned how to do that with solidworks. I have none of my old project to post up right now, i remember we designed a replacement knee joint that was nice. I will have a look. But its nothing compared to the a few of these models! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

was part of the team that modeled this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Awesome fair play.
    Thats they type of stuff id love to be able to do someday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Kareir

Im quite proud of these:
    julygg5.jpg
    closeupas4.jpg
    013dlondoneyefu1.jpg

What college course was that?

_Kar

Kareir wrote: »
    What college course was that?

_Kar

Architectural Technology in DIT. It wasn't specifically part of the course that we had to use CAD. Project was to do a 3D model of a landmark building/structure in what ever package we wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Architectural Technology in DIT. It wasn't specifically part of the course that we had to use CAD. Project was to do a 3D model of a landmark building/structure in what ever package we wanted.
    Did you stick with AutoCad or go with Viz?

Mellor wrote: »
    Did you stick with AutoCad or go with Viz?

Thats all CAD. I meant to learn Vis but never got around to it. I think the year ahead of us had to use Vis for a project but sketchup kinda took over (I can't use it, not to the extent I can use CAD).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, we did Viz in 3rd year, I'm not a huge fan. Its more technical than Cad, but Cad allows alot more "freehand" type 3d. Not to the extent that sketch up does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

IIt was suggested I move this over from another thread.

John Pawson is one of the most influential architects of recent times. Famous for his rigorously minimal style, he has worked on projects as wide-ranging as Calvin Klein’s flagship store in Manhattan and a new Cistercian monastery in Bohemia, Czech Republic. He has published numerous books, including the best selling Minimum.

I am a big fan of John Pawson, he is from my home town of Halifax in UK as well!. This is my personal study of Tetsuka House. Just for fun!

I created these images using 3D Studio Max 2009, Vray, Photoshop

60357991.jpg
    39860793.jpg
    45489768.jpg
    73985115.jpg
    62188369.jpg
    56678037.jpg
    90459184.jpg

www.danieljhatton.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 marty87

Made this in college about 6 months ago with a team on wildfire 3, did all the body and rotor assembly myself. Got my hands on wildfire 4 recently but don't really have any project to work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXXqd_kvKNU

Can't upload quality pictures cause there too big

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

currently working on a model of a super nintendo so I can design a cabinet to put it in, unemployment doesn't suite me. I'll post up the snes when its done

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

marty87 wrote: »
    Made this in college about 6 months ago with a team on wildfire 3, did all the body and rotor assembly myself. Got my hands on wildfire 4 recently but don't really have any project to work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXXqd_kvKNU

Can't upload quality pictures cause there too big

Thats quite impressive. Whats the background music? I've often heard it but dont know its name. I take it Pro Eng is softwareof choice in Limerick U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

MotteDai wrote: »
    Thats quite impressive. Whats the background music? I've often heard it but dont know its name. I take it Pro Eng is softwareof choice in Limerick U

Ah Lux aeterna, got it.

Advertisement