Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greens helped scupper Drogs' stadium

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

SectionF you title the thread in a politically provocative manner.

Then you say you're only focusing on the football part of it when faced with the blatantly obvious reasons the stadium plan was rejected.

Then you attack us by saying "you most likely do not have to grapple with planning, environment and other local issues" because we're fans of PL clubs and we just odon't understand.

Stop flip flopping. If you want to get your digs in at the bar stoolers do it without trying to stir it up by misrepresenting the Drogs Stadium case for your own ends and generate traffic for your poxy blog which you mention in every single thread on here you post on.

You just can't handle it, can you? Your increasingly abusive tone tells a tale in itself. You seem to interpret everything as an attack on your soft, barstooling underbelly, and you refuse to engage in the subject directly. That's why you've leapt on the EPL reference, made as an aside in relation to someone who sports a Spurs crest in his avatar, but long, long after you got excited about this issue. Whatever about his efforts to get to Tottenham, the fact remains that planning issues around their club is not an issue of concern for the vast majority of Irish fans of EPL clubs.

There is no flip-flopping on my part, but there is a lot of meaningless flapping about on yours. The football dimension was the focus from the start. The Greens were the focus from the start, and deliberately so. The context was provided from the start. Please point out one statement of mine in this thread that you can demonstrate to be untrue.

And, since you are now resorting to cheap accusations relating to the blog, support them, or withdraw them. Show me not even 'every single thread' but a significant set of other threads in which, apart from my sig, the blog is mentioned in order to justify your last allegation.

(If I were trying to generate traffic to a blog I'd hardly have chosen LoI as a topic. There are plenty of Irish football blogs out there for you to read if that doesn't interest you, almost all of them offering uniquely anodyne insights into English football, as seen on TV.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SectionF wrote: »
    You just can't handle it, can you? Your increasingly abusive tone tells a tale in itself. You seem to interpret everything as an attack on your soft, barstooling underbelly, and you refuse to engage in the subject directly.

Your pontification grows tiresome. There are mountains being made out of molehills here:

- Drogheda FC ran itself into the ground through horrendous financial management and unsustainable player expenditure;
    - A potential long shot saving grace appeared in the prospect of a new stadium as part of a proposed large and diversified development plan;
    - The development was denied planning permission because it was assessed as being ill thought out;
    - The Developer was unwilling (or financially unable) to modify the idea so that it would pass muster;
    - This meant that Drogheda FC suffered as a new stadium was part of the rejected idea;
    - As a result, the club was no longer able to sidestep the problems created by it's own idiotic financial decisions;

That's it. In the planning process, the proposed stadium was not the primary reason for the rejection - and not a significant enough concern in of itself to warrant a plan being put through that would hurt the wider community as a whole.

There is a lot of noise in this thread. But for all that noise, I still have no idea what is particularly important or relevant as far as the LOI is concerned. The core of this story is not about the LOI, or Drogheda FC. It's about local authority planning decisions. The prospective stadium seemed to be a relatively minor element of a plan that was sunk in a sea of larger debate over things entirely unrelated to football.

The OP has failed to make a clear case to the contrary, and has thus far avoided directly responding to the straightforward analysis provided by invisibleirish. Instead, he has blustered on to no discernible end. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The reality is the stadium wouldn't have been finished or even built, regardless of planning decisions, if you look at the construction sector at the minute.

Thank God we didn't have another Tallaght stadium.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    There is a lot of noise in this thread.
    You said it.

Advertisement