Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be slightly annoyed/ put out by this also, or is it just me?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Em i see where you are coming from but girl you have to drop hints to get what you want!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I haven't worn it since..

Then why even buy it all if you're only going to wear it once ?!

Typical woman situation there ! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MintyLynzey

I think if it was me i might be a little let down but not annoyed, i understand it would have been nice to get something you reall needed and coulnt affford for yourself, but it was a nice thought. My boyfriend would never know wat size undies to get me, so fair play that he does! i'd say give him the benifit of the doubt but next time tell him something more personal would be nice..

And talking of the buying lingerie on his birthday. Why does no body else get that, i did if for my boyfriends valentines present and he loved it, we both got loadsa fun outa it and it can be taken out wenever he needs cheering up, or if you just wana feel sexy =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Pretty selfish of him tbh, I'd be annoyed too!

I don't agree, but I can see where you're coming from. If you had been dropping hints about a new mp3 player or something, that you needed and couldn't afford, but he turned up with lingerie for 'some fun' later on, I could kinda see where you're coming from.

Then again, I love getting underwear as a present. I can't afford really nice stuff, so when my bf gets if for me, it's a pleasant treat. The OP's boyfriend probably was thinking on the same lines, so I don't think you should be annoyed. However, that's just me.

Besides, it would be much worse if it was an ironing board or deep-fat fryer or something! At least the underwear is something sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

i wouldnt be pissed off or annoyed per se but i would feel a little uncomfortable with it, especially if it wasnt of my taste. if it was i would be okay with it.

its the thought that counts afterall....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Erm, didn't you read my last post?. I went out of my way for HIS birthday- doing different things/ surprises/ adventures which involved his interests and were actually really cool. And yes, after all that I did buy sexy lingerie - not for me ffs- for him!...to surprise him and tease him etc. I haven't worn it since. It was all for HIM. I might be wrong here, but it went down quite well (and I'm sure a lot of guys would like it if their girlfriend did dress up extra nicely and tease them, as a bonus on their birthday).

I'd expect it anyway from time to time to be honest so no need to pat yourself so hard on the back for that! Of course it's nice after all the other things you did for his birthday.

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with the gift he got you had it been part of a few things/activities ya know? But yeah, on it's own it's a bit weird and pretty selfish on his part.

i wouldnt be pissed off or annoyed per se but i would feel a little uncomfortable with it, especially if it wasnt of my taste. if it was i would be okay with it.

its the thought that counts afterall....

Yeah but if his thought was 'oh well it'll be great for me' (which it obviously part of it) then it's not what counts in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There are other luxuries I need!.

A luxury by it's very definition is something you don't need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

3ugene wrote: »
    Dunno if I'd be annoyed or not, but I have a funny re men buying lingerie for their partners... a friend (male) of mine told me about two girls he carried in his taxi at christmas who were breaking their hearts laughing about a man who had come into their shop that day to buy underwear for his wife for christmas. When the assistant asked him did he know what size bra she took he said yep, 33C!:D

They thought it was hilarious, but the funniest bit of all was when my friend was telling me this story in front of other male drivers and not one of them could understand what I was laughing about! It took me ages to explain it to them....

Please do explain:(

Please do explain:(

Do they go up/down in two's? I dunno either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Mr. Frost wrote: »
    Do they go up/down in two's? I dunno either!

Correct!:D There's 32 C then 34C, no 33C!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HippyMosher

Galvasean wrote: »
    A luxury by it's very definition is something you don't need.

By dictionary maybe. There are a few things that I feel I 'need' for my field of studies. Those things will help me develop my learning further in something I'm very interested in and will help with career prospects. But I cannot afford them and I'm saving up little by little. They're luxuries at the same time, as it's not like I'm going to die without having them. I guess you like trying to correct people with silly unhelpful comments like that. Can this thread please be closed, it's just getting ridiculous. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

By dictionary maybe. There are a few things that I feel I 'need' for my field of studies. Those things will help me develop my learning further in something I'm very interested in and will help with career prospects. But I cannot afford them and I'm saving up little by little. They're luxuries at the same time, as it's not like I'm going to die without having them.

Ah that makes more sense. Cheers for explaining.
    I guess you like trying to correct people with silly unhelpful comments like that.

You guess too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

OP There may be other reasons you feel your boyfriend is selfish, insensitive or does not really know you. Unless he got you crochless undies and tassles or the like- this is you being unapprecitave!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

He was only trying to do something nice , and why would you buy it for his bday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Looks like he was trying to give you a hint ......in a nice way

Advertisement