Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP today

Options
  • 14-02-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone sit this exam today? How did you find it? I thought it was really tough and am feeling really dumb now.
    Also, anyone who did it in UCD - wasn't the girl in charge so irritating!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

I agree, I think it wasn't the fact that it was tough, personally for me it was about time. It was nothing like the sample questions that were on the website. That piece on the statistics about Australian imigrants, you know the one, that really threw me, oh and the rats:mad:. For the last few question I just marked boxes willy nilly. I got the essays done fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Well, I found the first part difficult in terms of time. My first 'essay' was ok but the second I only got half way through.
    The multiple choice questions were way more difficult than the sample exam paper on the website. The rats and the Australians were a bit confusing as were a couple of other questions but can't do much about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Irritatingly goodlooking, bit of distraction tbh.

I'm still mulling it over, I would have got everyone of those questions right if there was more time. I mean how does that reflect on your ability to study, in a college situation your going to study at length in your own time, and any exam I've ever done has been a lot less questions with more time than an hour anyway. I'm not making excuses for doing badly I just think their time frame was unrealistic. I just can't see how they can decide from this exam on whether you'd be able to return to education as a mature student or not.
    I'm wondering now are other courses you've done are going to be taken into account at all now or will it just depend on this exam? I believe the interviews are done away with now too as they were just going to go by your results on yesterdays exam. (yeah, oK! I'm whingeing! lol!:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dsg

I actually thought the time frame allowed for both sections was fine.

Having said that the questions in section two were crazy, as other posters said the one with the rats and the one with the Australians.....weird. How on earth does answering them make you any more able than the next person to do an Arts degree in UCD??? I'm an intelligient person, working in a highly stressful industry and dealing with work problems 24/7 and I haven't cocked up yet!! So I must be doing something right.

And yes that girl up the top with the microphone was seriously annoying. The people sitting around me got a good laugh out of her behaviour though.

On another note, when do we hear back about the results?

• Advertisement

Beginning of April, they'll e-mail you. Colleges have access to our results straight away though.

Advertisement