Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Hate these "hired beggers" at the grocery stores.

Options
  • 14-02-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Everytime I go to tesco or dunnes store, at the end of the counter there is somebody collecting change for some "good cause".

I fecking hate them,

I don't want to give you my change mkay!? so stop asking me to pack my crap in the bag.

They make me feel like crap when I don't give change, and why should I give change, when it's going into some fat cat's pocket.

Is there nothing one can do about this ****, complain to the manager or something?

bah!

/end rant
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Worst thread ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Highsider wrote: »
    Worst thread ever.

I think that it's probably the greatest thread since God created the internet on the 8th day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Op has a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

You could always.... Kill them...

<_<
    >_>

I hate those money-grabbing bastards as well. If it's something to do with a local hospital or proper charity, then I might let the feckers pack my groceries.

If it's something like a local dancing school, I'll break their fucking dancing legs before I'll let them near my feckin groceries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Someone didn't get a valentines card. Relax dude. They're usually scouts collecting for their club. Would it really hurt you to stick a few cent in the bucket? Or guess what? You could shop during the week when they're not there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Ah you poor thing OP

If you'd actually taken the time to ever do a bag pack for a "good cause" you would realise that they don't actually care whether you give them change or not. A simple smile or acknowledgment is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Don't give them anything if you don't want to.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

why worst thread ever? Ive no interest in supporting scouts or some crap like that. I also hate the ones wearing their bib supporting some charity selling scratch cards that you'll never win on!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Is there nothing one can do about this ****, complain to the manager or something?

bah!

/end rant

Complain to the manager or something.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Kiera wrote: »
    Someone didn't get a valentines card. Relax dude. They're usually scouts collecting for their club. Would it really hurt you to stick a few cent in the bucket? Or guess what? You could shop during the week when they're not there!

What scouts, these are grown men, not kids.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    What scouts, these are grown men, not kids.
    Its for charity ffs. Is 20/50c gonna kill you?

I get loads of Valentine's cards - costs me a mint in postage. :pac:

I was only making a light-hearted comment about breaking people's legs - I'd probably just give them the evil eye, unless I had my machete with me. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

A lot of mean people out there with big chips on there shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Bucket shaking, grocery bagging, smart mouthing beggers...

Firing squad

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I get loads of Valentine's cards - costs me a mint in postage. :pac:

I was only making a light-hearted comment about breaking people's legs - I'd probably just give them the evil eye, unless I had my machete with me. :P
    I wasnt talking to you. I was talking to the OP.

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Bucket shaking, grocery bagging, smart mouthing beggers...

Firing squad

Sometimes you see these people later on, lying in their own vomit outside an off-licence, empty buckets scattered around em.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You could shop during the week when they're not there!

Its what I do. A fortune teller told me Id be done for GBH over one of these fúckers, so I went to a shrink and he agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They don't pack the shopping properly at all

Eggs under bottles of drink? feckin GAA clubs are the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Simple solution ... shop in Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Its for charity ffs. Is 20/50c gonna kill you?

ffs is it going to kill them to go without 20/50c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

How can you have a problem with these people. You get your bags packed and you don't have to pay them. Greatest thing ever, it's like back in the day when quinnsworth paid people to pack your bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

why worst thread ever? Ive no interest in supporting scouts or some crap like that. I also hate the ones wearing their bib supporting some charity selling scratch cards that you'll never win on!
    Have no problem with the people packin bags and stuff, its all for a good cause.
    There is however, one guy I've seen who sells those scratch cards, who harrasses everyone on the street. I know one person who has ever bought one of these cards. Guy immediatley asked if he wanted another! Cheek of it, he'd already goten rid of one ridiculously overpriced scratch card.
    Readin that he might not sound like the worst, but the guy was really irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

holly1 wrote: »

Not so much just a chip, more like a fish supper :rolleyes:

The same people who don't want to contribute to bona fide local charities and social organisations are likely to be those in another thread giving out about how there are no amenities or "anything to do" for the "young uns" in their area, and how it's all the "govurndments" fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

holly1 wrote: »
    :eek:
    They throw big chips at you if you mean !!!

utick wrote: »
    ffs is it going to kill them to go without 20/50c
    That's not the point. He said he gets grief over not putting money in the bucket. Pay attention!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What's the big fúcking deal?

If you let them help you then I won't have to start threads about some twat in front of me taking fúcking hours to pack up their shít, queues might actually go faster.

It's not like they're holding out their filthy beggar hands, they're offering an OPTIONAL service in return for a euro or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Funny, i was in Dunnes today and i was thinking the same..
    They always seem to have young girls looking at you with puppy eyes and when i don't give i feel guilty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I don't mind it at all, it is when they rattle the bucket that annoys me . I walk away then .
    Whereas I would have gave them a euro or more if they didn't .
    Petty, I know but it keeps me sane .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

they cant pack bags for crap , the worst ones are the people who tell them its ok having had prior bad experience of bagging mishaps and still give them the money lol , could be called racketeering in some circles :D

Advertisement